ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard visitor visa question - Have you ever worked for any of the following types of organisation?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seyduna2017
Newly Registered
Turkey

Standard visitor visa question - Have you ever worked for any of the following types of organisation?

Post by seyduna2017 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:42 pm

Dear members,

My mother will apply for Standard Visitor Visa soon. She is now retired and she was a teacher at a public school in Turkey (hence she was working for the National Ministry of Education of Turkey)

How should she answer the following question: Have you ever worked for any of the following types of organisation?

One of the options are Government (including Public or Civil Administration and non-military compulsory national service)

Does she need to choose this option or does 'Government' refer to something more specific?

If you can advise, I appreciate

Kind regards

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Standard visitor visa question - Have you ever worked for any of the following types of organisation?

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:26 pm

Select “Government”. The definition is all encompassing unless there’s a better option. There may be sub-questions under this category.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

seyduna2017
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: Standard visitor visa question - Have you ever worked for any of the following types of organisation?

Post by seyduna2017 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:39 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:26 pm
Select “Government”. The definition is all encompassing unless there’s a better option. There may be sub-questions under this category.
Thanks but I am confused as I think that this question may ask either about work in an entity that governs a state - work in the Government itself and Public or Civil Administration and compulsory national service, - or about work in any entity that receives money from the Government.

If someone with a similar experience can advise, I appreciate

Regards

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:50 pm

I don't know whether state school teachers in Turkey are employed directly by the ministry, or by local authorities (like in the UK).
In either case it is covered if you look at the definition "Government (including Public or Civil Administration" - Public/Civil administration covers the lower level, like Local Authorities. Just my opinion. But I wouldn't be too worried, unless there's an exact option fitting the applicant take the nearest. I don't think there's anything to worry, I guess the Home Office will be more interested in active members of police, security forces, military, high ranking government officials etc. etc.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:13 pm

In case this helps, I responded "No" to that question for my mothers' visitor visa application in 2022. It was approved, no questions asked.

She is also a retired teacher who worked all the time in public schools which are institutions directly dependents either on national (Ministry of Education) or regional (State Government) authorities.

I did a similar interpretation than alterhase58 to that question, and it seems the HO was satisfied.

seyduna2017
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by seyduna2017 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:46 am

lolo2 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:13 pm
In case this helps, I responded "No" to that question for my mothers' visitor visa application in 2022. It was approved, no questions asked.

She is also a retired teacher who worked all the time in public schools which are institutions directly dependents either on national (Ministry of Education) or regional (State Government) authorities.

I did a similar interpretation than alterhase58 to that question, and it seems the HO was satisfied.
Thanks. Does your mother have a green passport? In Turkey, public school teachers are employed by the Ministry and they have green passports rather than the standard passports

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:29 pm

My mother has an ordinary passport. Just to clarify that she is not Turkish.

Not sure whether the process would be different for someone in possession of this green passport.