ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost job, skill's worker sponsorship

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lobos
Newly Registered
Ethiopia

Lost job, skill's worker sponsorship

Post by Lobos » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:04 pm

Hi guys, I am very worried! Help me please.

I lost my job as of December 5, 2023. Normally, I heard the home office will curtail your visa to maximum of 60 days during which time you have to apply for a new visa through a new employer(sponsor) or leave the UK.

However, my visa on home office record says still valid until 2028. While I am looking for a new job, I am worried of overstaying offense, and do I have to wait until the home office tells me my visa is curtailed or do I have to leave the UK even if my visa is valid?

I'm scared please, let me know if you have credible information???

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Lost job, skill's worker sponsorship

Post by lolo2 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:48 pm

Lobos wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:04 pm
do I have to wait until the home office tells me my visa is curtailed ?
Yes, this is what applies to you.

It can take some time for that to happen, nobody knows when the HO will inform you. In the meantime, you can stay in the UK looking for another sponsored job.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:34 pm

There a huge backlog of cases awaiting cancellation of visa. It could be several months before you receive your 60 days notice. If you find another sponsor in the meantime, great, get a COS and apply for a new visa.

Lobos
Newly Registered
Ethiopia

Post by Lobos » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:31 am

Thank you!

Hasitha
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Hasitha » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:44 pm

I am currently working under skilled worker sponsorship with a sole proprietorship. Unfortunately, the sole proprietorship has lost its business agreement, impacting my employment. Just as mentioned in the above case, I will be granted a 60-day grace period to remain in the UK and secure another sponsorship.

However, my current employer, the sole proprietor, has incorporated a company under his name and holds a key management position. I'd like to inquire about the possibility of transferring my employment to this registered business and continuing my work without facing legal issues. Would you be able to advise me on the possibilities of transferring my employment from a sole proprietorship to a registered business? (The company does not have a sponsorship license yet) Thank you!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:43 am

The ltd company needs to get a licence and then it is a simple matter of them issuing you a new COS and you apply for the visa.