ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

baljitsingh197701
India

Spouse visa - Query

Post by baljitsingh197701 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:14 pm

Hi,

Currently I am holding Tier2 Skilled worker visa, and have applied for dependent visa for my wife who is in India and application submission is in process (yet to submit the form) by my employer. I am eligible for ILR and planning to submit the form and take priority service. My questions are below:

1) If my application for ILR is underway will that have any issue for dependant visa? Note: Assuming my ILR application is in process and my wife dependent visa on my Tier2 Skilled worker visa is progress?

2) If i get ILR do i need to submit new application for my wife or she can stay on dependent visa on my earlier Tier2 Skilled worker?

3) If i apply for ILR once my wife here in UK on my dependant visa for Tier2 Skilled worker and after that i apply for ILR and get ILR, can my wife stay on dependant visa for Tier2 Skilled worker ? Or I need to apply new visa based on my ILR?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa - Query

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:47 am

1. She cannot be issued a visa beyond your current visa expiry UNLESS your ILR is granted. Then she will be issued a standard 3-year skilled worker dependant visa
2. Yes she can apply/extend under the skilled worker dependant route, even if you get ILR. The rules allow this
3. She stays under the dependant route without any issues
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

baljitsingh197701
India

Post by baljitsingh197701 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:51 pm

Hi Currently i am applying for SET (LR) for myself and i recently got married (Dec 2023) and my wife is in India and her dependent visa is in process by my employer.

In the application there is question:

Current partner:

Do you and your partner currently live together? My answer is NO because currently i am staying in UK and she is in India, Hope this is correct.

Why do you not live with your partner?
We got married on X Dec 2023. After getting married we lived together in India till 21 Jan 2024. As I work in the UK, I came back to the UK on 21 Jan 2024. Currently My wife (XYZ) is staying with my parents in India. We have lived together in India where we were able to as a couple since we got married on XX/XX/2023 to 21/01/2024 in India. Currently my Wife dependent visa is in process by my employer. Hope this is suitable

Do you and your partner intend to live together in the UK? My answer is YES because she will be travelling to UK soon once her visa is granted. Hope this is correct.

Give more details, including where and when you intend to live together in the UK
Once my wife (XYZ) can join me in the UK, our intention is to continue to reside together as a family unit at X address, United Kingdom.

Partner's address: I have given india address as she in in India.

Pls guide.

Also have query on documents once this is resolved will ask that.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:36 pm

SET(LR) has nothing to do with your partner or dependent status, even if the application asks for such details. Under long residence, you must apply on your own and qualify on your own.

Also as explained above, your ILR must be granted for your wife's visa to be issued
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

baljitsingh197701
India

Post by baljitsingh197701 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:46 pm

zimba wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:36 pm
SET(LR) has nothing to do with your partner or dependent status, even if the application asks for such details. Under long residence, you must apply on your own and qualify on your own.

Baljit--> I said i am married so in application they are asking for these details, so above statement what has been given is true as of today. So shall i leave it same in SET (LR) application form too?

Also as explained above, your ILR must be granted for your wife's visa to be issued
Baljit--> My wife is applying for dependent visa for my current category i.e. Skilled worker (Skilled worker - Tier2) visa and she got appointment for 15 Feb and decision would be on by 23 Feb and hopefully she will be in UK by 1 week of March. So based on this i can apply my ILR and she can stay on dependant visa (Skilled worker - Tier2)

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:22 pm

Yes it is possible but again, you MUST get your ILR first

baljitsingh197701
India

Post by baljitsingh197701 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:54 pm

zimba wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:22 pm
Yes it is possible but again, you MUST get your ILR first
Sorry i couldnt able to get this, what does you MUST get your ILR first?

As said she will be on Dependant Tier 2 Skiiled worker visa (which is my current visa) and i am applying for ILR in this week.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:09 pm

You should wait for her Skilled Worker dependent visa from India to be approved BEFORE you apply for ILR.

Once you have ILR, if she does not have a decision on her application, she doesn't qualify for Skilled Worker dependent visa from abroad and would have to apply for the more difficult Spouse settlement visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

baljitsingh197701
India

Post by baljitsingh197701 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:50 pm

Hi,

My wife has been granted with Tier 2 dependent Visa in India, can I submit my application with Tier2 Long term residency visa now?

Note: My wife will be travelling to UK on 12 March 2023.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:49 pm

baljitsingh197701 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:50 pm
Hi,

My wife has been granted with Tier 2 dependent Visa in India, can I submit my application with Tier2 Long term residency visa now?

Note: My wife will be travelling to UK on 12 March 2023.
I would suggest you wait till she is in the UK and has picked up her BRP card before you apply for ILR. Honestly, what difference will a couple more weeks make?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

baljitsingh197701
India

Post by baljitsingh197701 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:47 pm

Sure, will wait for 3 more weeks as it won't change anything tbh.

Also whilst doing form they asking for below documents:

1) Evidence you have to prove the relationship with Mrs XXX KAUR (for example marriage certificates), and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or addressed individually to you at the same address, to cover the last two years
2) Proof of Mr XXX XXX SINGH relationship status as the married or civil partner of Mrs XXXX KAUR
3) Document(s) showing Mrs XXX KAUR's immigration status such as a passport, biometric residence card, or vignette
4) Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK
5) The passport issued by India for Mr XXX XXX SINGH
6) Current Biometric Residence Permit Mr XXX XXX SINGH
7) All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK

I think the document in Point 1 and 2 are same i.e. Marriage certificate isn't it?
Also what document should i provide for point 4? Can i provide my COS which have "Work Start date: 08 October 2023" and "Work End date: 07 October 2026"?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:09 am

A marriage certificate is enough. You also probably answered the question of 'other reasons' to stay in the UK, hence the form is asking for the evidence. You do not need to answer that question as you get a confusing document item like this. You do NOT need other reasons to stay in the UK and no evidence needs to be provided.

baljitsingh197701
India

Post by baljitsingh197701 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:13 pm

Yes i did answer that questions. so if answer "Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?" this will not have an impact on the decision?

Also do i need to provide P60 or Payslips for last 10 years? or just the docs which been asked?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:44 pm

baljitsingh197701 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:13 pm
Yes i did answer that questions. so if answer "Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?" this will not have an impact on the decision?

Also do i need to provide P60 or Payslips for last 10 years? or just the docs which been asked?
As I explained no.

For documents see: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:16 am

baljitsingh197701 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:13 pm

Hey Baljit, you seem to be in the same situation as my brother except the ILR part. I believe you got married in Dec 23 and you returned to the UK on 21st Jan 2024. In my brother's case, my brother got married on 15th Jan and he just recently returned to the UK on 24th Feb. If your wife is applying for the dependent visa then can you please let me know how you will be answering the following questions?

Provided that your marriage was arranged marriage, I just don't know why the Home Office has requested for evidence of living together/apart for 2 years?

baljitsingh197701
India

Post by baljitsingh197701 » Sat May 11, 2024 10:45 am

Hi,

I tried so many nights and couldn't able to get a super priority service, if I apply for normal application they usually says 26 weeks, hope it wont take that long and it will be quick?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat May 11, 2024 1:35 pm

This often depends on the number of applications in their backlog and your circumstances

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat May 11, 2024 2:43 pm

baljitsingh197701 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 10:45 am
Hi,

I tried so many nights and couldn't able to get a super priority service, if I apply for normal application they usually says 26 weeks, hope it wont take that long and it will be quick?
Wr cannot give the assurance of how fast the application will be attended to and decided. Only hope for the best.

baljitsingh197701
India

Post by baljitsingh197701 » Sat May 11, 2024 4:52 pm

Thanks, just one more, does the appointment also available on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) for super priority?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat May 11, 2024 6:06 pm

baljitsingh197701 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 4:52 pm
Thanks, just one more, does the appointment also available on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) for super priority?
This has been repeated many many times but your appointment with UKVCAS (which is a third party handing the appointments) has NOTHING do with priority visa service when applying. Your level of visa service chosen (standard, priority, etc) only determines the visa processing speed AFETR you enrol your biometrics.

With super priority chosen as a level of your visa service, you can expect to get a response within 24 hours (one working day) AFETR your appointment

baljitsingh197701
India

Post by baljitsingh197701 » Sat May 11, 2024 10:43 pm

zimba wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 6:06 pm
baljitsingh197701 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 4:52 pm
This has been repeated many many times but your appointment with UKVCAS (which is a third party handing the appointments) has NOTHING do with priority visa service when applying. Your level of visa service chosen (standard, priority, etc) only determines the visa processing speed AFETR you enrol your biometrics.

With super priority chosen as a level of your visa service, you can expect to get a response within 24 hours (one working day) AFETR your appointment
Hi Zimba,

I was more asking about during the submission of application (before going to UKVCAS where i am getting standard service, can i get priority services over the weekend (Saturday and Sunday)? For an example i am submitting the application on Saturday night (i.e. today ) will i able to get (if i am lucky) priority service for SET (LR), mean to ask will UK Visas and Immigration release the super priority services over the weekend to book?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat May 11, 2024 11:05 pm

Priority slots are released after midnight every day it seems, and automatically. So you should try your chances at 1 AM

baljitsingh197701
India

Post by baljitsingh197701 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:18 am

zimba wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 11:05 pm
Priority slots are released after midnight every day it seems, and automatically. So you should try your chances at 1 AM
is it 12:00am or 1:00AM? i tried both time multiple time but no luck?

All my doing is from payment page (Pay) there is "Show and edit answers" after doing it shows below

Payment
Service Standard service Change

when i click on "change" it still shows below:

Choose a service

Select a service from the options below. You will not be able to change this after you have submitted your application.
(Required)

Standard service : pay 2885.00 GBP, most people get a decision within 6 months of submitting their on-line application

Note: I am struggling to update the screenshot here

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue May 14, 2024 12:30 am

There are no official details on this at all, all you heard are just as per the experiences of the others. As explained in detail in the link below, the priority slots are OINLY available if there is capacity. There are no guarantees at all

Online Application - Why there is no Super Priority Service Option ?

baljitsingh197701
India

Post by baljitsingh197701 » Tue May 14, 2024 7:53 pm

Finally, I manage to book the super priority (exact 1:00AM) service and booked UKVACS paid (£145) appointment for 23 May.

Question:

There is a family consent form where it has got PART1, PART2, and PART3. As I applied visa for myself and by myself so i need to sign PART1 and upload it to UKVCAS supporting document?