ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

should i mention eflow fine when applying citizenship?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Danini___
Ireland

should i mention eflow fine when applying citizenship?

Post by Danini___ » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:51 pm

Hi,

I recently received a fine for not paying M50 toll. It is from a solicitor company which claiming they would bring me to court if i didnt pay. I paid the fine. Should i mention this in cover letter when applying for long term residency/citizenship? Is it considered as offence?

P.S. The reason i received the fine from solicitor company instead of eflow was because i moved house and did not receive any letter from eflow, so eventually they transferred the debt to solicitor company. My former housemate passed me the penalty letter from solicitor company afterwards.

Thank you!

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: should i mention eflow fine when applying citizenship?

Post by Vadrar » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:51 pm

There’s no harm in mentioning it. Enclose the receipt for payment and explain what happened. It’s a private fine, so as long as you can prove you’ve paid to and it didn’t proceed to court it won’t negatively affect your application.

Danini___
Ireland

Re: should i mention eflow fine when applying citizenship?

Post by Danini___ » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:37 am

Vadrar wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:51 pm
There’s no harm in mentioning it. Enclose the receipt for payment and explain what happened. It’s a private fine, so as long as you can prove you’ve paid to and it didn’t proceed to court it won’t negatively affect your application.
Hi Vadrar, thank you very much!