ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Supporting Documents Check

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yogeshvaman
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Application - Referee declaration forms

Post by yogeshvaman » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:52 pm

Hi,
My wife and I are applying for Naturalisation (My 10 year ILR expires in June 24 and my wife 's ILR expires in Dec 24). I have filled in the online application form and have reached the documents sections where im being asked to submit referee declaration forms. I have searched the internet but cannot seem to find a reliable source for the declartion forms? The only one I am able to access the AN form here - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... on-form-an which has the pages containing the referee declaration.

Please can someone point to the correct refree declarations I need to use to get the referee signatures?
All help greatly appreciated!

Yogesh

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Naturalisation Application - Referee declaration forms

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:46 pm

All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

SupperDog
United Kingdom

Post by SupperDog » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:58 pm

After you have paid for your application you will be provided with a link to download the form.

The one provided by contorted_svy is correct.

yogeshvaman
Newly Registered

Post by yogeshvaman » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:01 pm

Thank you! The file name says 1st referee declaration. I am assuming this form should be used for both referees? It would be great if you could confirm.
Thanks.

yogeshvaman
Newly Registered

Post by yogeshvaman » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:02 pm

SupperDog wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:58 pm
After you have paid for your application you will be provided with a link to download the form.

The one provided by contorted_svy is correct.
This is helpful! Thank you!

SupperDog
United Kingdom

Post by SupperDog » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:04 pm

yogeshvaman wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:01 pm
Thank you! The file name says 1st referee declaration. I am assuming this form should be used for both referees? It would be great if you could confirm.
Thanks.
You will only be provided with 1 form as both of your referees use the same form. Just print 2 copies of it.

yogeshvaman
Newly Registered

Post by yogeshvaman » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:59 am

SupperDog wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:04 pm
yogeshvaman wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:01 pm
Thanks.
You will only be provided with 1 form as both of your referees use the same form. Just print 2 copies of it.
great thanks v much!

zilabitse
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Post by zilabitse » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:50 pm

Thank you for raising this topic.

So could anyone confirm the process is like this?
1. You print two copies of https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf
2. You glue one picture of yourself into one of the sheets and fill Referee 1 details.
3. You meet Referee 1 and ask them to sign it.
4. You scan both pages and save them as a PDF document.
5. You repeat steps 2, 3, 4 for Referee 2.

6. Then, you can start your Naturalization application.

Am I right?

Could someone kindly share which contact details (Name? Profession? Address? Email? Phone?) of each referee must be written in the application?

Thank you everyone!!!

PM74Juve
United Kingdom

Post by PM74Juve » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:25 pm

zilabitse wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:50 pm

1. You print two copies of https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf
2. You glue one picture of yourself into one of the sheets and fill Referee 1 details.

Am I right?

Could someone kindly share which contact details (Name? Profession? Address? Email? Phone?) of each referee must be written in the application?

Thank you everyone!!!
There's a few ways to do this but this seems sensible.

1. Get your referee personal details in full as required for application (Full name including title, sex, date of birth, addresses covering the last 3 years with date details, phone number, email address, profession, are they British Passport holder - if yes then passport number, how do you know the referee e.g. personal friend or work colleague)
2. Do the online application without submitting and paying for it, take a pdf copy.
3. Send/take copy of the 'incomplete application' to each referee (by email for example) and the physical referee declaration form. This ensures the referee can check you have their details correct, they are not related to the other referee (you can redact personal details other than name as required for data protection/privacy in pdfs of other referee), and that they believe your personal details are correct to best of their knowledge in the application so they can comfortably sign the referee declaration.
4. They return their completed forms (they state your name, state their name, sign, date) to you
5. Finish your online application and upload evidence including scanned copies of the referee declarations.

PM74Juve
United Kingdom

Post by PM74Juve » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:33 pm

PM74Juve wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:25 pm
zilabitse wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:50 pm

Am I right?

Thank you everyone!!!
There's a few ways to do this but this seems sensible. (redoing my post as missed out reference to passport style photos)

1. Get your referee personal details in full as required for application (Full name including title, sex, date of birth, addresses covering the last 3 years with date details, phone number, email address, profession, are they British Passport holder - if yes then passport number, how do you know the referee e.g. personal friend or work colleague)
2. Do the online application without submitting and paying for it, take a pdf copy.
3. Send/take copy of the 'incomplete application' to each referee (by email for example) and the physical referee declaration forms with affixed passport style photo of you. This ensures the referee can check you have their details correct, they are not related to the other referee (you can redact personal details other than name as required for data protection/privacy in pdfs of other referee), and that they believe your personal details are correct to best of their knowledge in the application so they can comfortably sign the referee declaration.
4. They return their completed forms (they state your name, state their name, sign, date) to you
5. Finish your online application and upload evidence including scanned copies of the referee declarations.

zilabitse
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Post by zilabitse » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:21 pm

Thank you for the reply! Really appreciated.

One more question... Do the referees need to place a picture of you in their printed form?
Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:22 pm

zilabitse wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:21 pm

One more question... Do the referees need to place a picture of you in their printed form?
Thank you!
You place it there!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:44 pm

zilabitse wrote:

Thank you!
The form doesn't necessarily need to be printed, it's a legacy from the pen-and-paper days. You can edit the form on a computer, add your photo, and the referee can add their data digitally.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

PM74Juve
United Kingdom

Post by PM74Juve » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:03 pm

zilabitse wrote:

Thank you!
You stick your photo on each of the referee declaration forms - the referees will be signing this form to confirm several things including that they recognise you.

yogeshvaman
Newly Registered

Naturalisation - Supporting Documents Check

Post by yogeshvaman » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:20 pm

Hi All,
Apologies if this has been answered but I couldn't find a link that clarifies this. My wife and I are applying for naturalization via the online AN application process - our 10 year ILR expires this year so applying a few months before. We have a 7 year old son was born here and has a british passport.

Having completed and submitted the form, have booked an appointmnet for Wednesday 31 Jan at UKVCAS centre. I am now uploading the documents and just wanted to get a sense check to ensure I havent missed anything important.
My Documents:
1. Current Passport - does this need to include the bl;ank pages as well?
2. 2 Referee declarations
3. Degree Certificate (for English Language)
4. Current and 2 old passports showing all immigration stamps - (proof of living in UK for 5 years)
5. Current BRP
6. Optional Documents
6a - My Son's british passport - First and current
6b - Covering Letter providing a background, table of travel outside UK, table of PCN's and speeding offence for which I took a speed awareness course,
6c - Speeding offence letter i recieved
6d - Speed awareness course confirmation
6e - Job offer letter stating my start date as im currently between jobs
6f - my last 3 previous employment payslips

My Wife's Documents:
1. Current Passport - does this need to include the bl;ank pages as well?
3. English Language Test Certificate
4. Current and 1 old passports showing all immigration stamps - (proof of living in UK for 5 years)
5. Current BRP
6. Optional Documents
6a - Our Son's british passport - First and current
6b - Covering Letter providing a background, table of travel outside UK
6c - Last 3 months payslips
6d - Life in UK Test Pass result email

I think this covers all the documents. I do not have any hard copies of the PCN's but have provided details based on what i could find from emails around the payments made for the fines.

Id be hugely grateful for any advise if there is anything beyound these that I need to provide.

Thanks v much in advance!
Yogesh

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Naturalisation - Supporting Documents Check

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:28 pm

yogeshvaman wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:20 pm
Hi All,
Apologies if this has been answered but I couldn't find a link that clarifies this. My wife and I are applying for naturalization via the online AN application process - our 10 year ILR expires this year so applying a few months before. We have a 7 year old son was born here and has a british passport.

Having completed and submitted the form, have booked an appointmnet for Wednesday 31 Jan at UKVCAS centre. I am now uploading the documents and just wanted to get a sense check to ensure I havent missed anything important.
My Documents:
1. Current Passport - does this need to include the bl;ank pages as well? I provided copies of all pages, but it may not be needed. Stamped pages are essential. same for your wife
4. Current and 2 old passports showing all immigration stamps - (proof of living in UK for 5 years)
5. Current BRP
6. Optional Documents
6a - My Son's british passport - First and current not needed.
6b - Covering Letter providing a background, table of travel outside UK, table of PCN's and speeding offence for which I took a speed awareness course,
6c - Speeding offence letter i recieved not needed.
6d - Speed awareness course confirmation not needed. If you really want to, you can provide reference numbers in the cover letter, but you didn't receive a Fixed Peanlty Notice by taking the course, therefore this won't affect your good character.
6e - Job offer letter stating my start date as im currently between jobs Not needed. employment is not a requirement for naturalisation
6f - my last 3 previous employment payslips not needed

My Wife's Documents:
1. Current Passport - does this need to include the bl;ank pages as well? see above
4. Current and 1 old passports showing all immigration stamps - (proof of living in UK for 5 years)
5. Current BRP
6. Optional Documents
6a - Our Son's british passport - First and current not needed
6c - Last 3 months payslips not needed
6d - Life in UK Test Pass result email not needed, reference number is enough

I think this covers all the documents. I do not have any hard copies of the PCN's but have provided details based on what i could find from emails around the payments made for the fines. PCNs are not criminal offences so as longa s you paid them these details won't be needed.

Id be hugely grateful for any advise if there is anything beyound these that I need to provide.

Yogesh
It seems you have everything. You can remove the attachments I flagged as not needed. Note your ILR won't expire, your BRP may have an expiration date but your ILR will be still active.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:11 pm

Note, Speed Awareness Courses do not count as traffic offences no need to disclose them anywhere,not even for insurance.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

yogeshvaman
Newly Registered

Post by yogeshvaman » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:27 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:28 pm
yogeshvaman wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:20 pm
Hi All,

My Documents:
1. Current Passport - does this need to include the bl;ank pages as well? I provided copies of all pages, but it may not be needed. Stamped pages are essential. same for your wife
5. Current BRP
6. Optional Documents
6a - My Son's british passport - First and current not needed.
6c - Speeding offence letter i recieved not needed.
6d - Speed awareness course confirmation not needed. If you really want to, you can provide reference numbers in the cover letter, but you didn't receive a Fixed Peanlty Notice by taking the course, therefore this won't affect your good character.
6e - Job offer letter stating my start date as im currently between jobs Not needed. employment is not a requirement for naturalisation
6f - my last 3 previous employment payslips not needed

My Wife's Documents:
1. Current Passport - does this need to include the bl;ank pages as well? see above
5. Current BRP
6. Optional Documents
6a - Our Son's british passport - First and current not needed
6c - Last 3 months payslips not needed
6d - Life in UK Test Pass result email not needed, reference number is enough

I think this covers all the documents. I do not have any hard copies of the PCN's but have provided details based on what i could find from emails around the payments made for the fines. PCNs are not criminal offences so as longa s you paid them these details won't be needed.

Yogesh
It seems you have everything. You can remove the attachments I flagged as not needed. Note your ILR won't expire, your BRP may have an expiration date but your ILR will be still active.
Grateful for your responses. Thanks v much!

yogeshvaman
Newly Registered

Post by yogeshvaman » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:27 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:11 pm
Note, Speed Awareness Courses do not count as traffic offences no need to disclose them anywhere,not even for insurance.
Thank you. Much appreciated!

yogeshvaman
Newly Registered

Post by yogeshvaman » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:26 am

Just an update for everyone benefit on what happens after submission of the online AN naturalisation form and payment of application fees.

1. You get a confirmation email from visas-immigration.service.gov.uk with next steps.
2. Book an appointment via UKVCAS for biometrics. You get appointmnet PDF's that you need to print to take to appointmnet + original ID (passport etc)
3. At croydon centre - they check ID and the appointmnet PDF to let you in.
4. They give you a ticket number - you wait in the waiting are until they call out your ticket number. My wait was approx 5 minutes.
5. The officers takes you to their booth - where they check your passport and PDF appointmnet printout and the documents you have uploaded.
6. They take photo and fingerprints
8. This takes approx 10/15 minutes per applicant
9. They get verbal confirmation that you want them to submit the documets to UKVI and then verbally tell you its been submitted and also that you will get an email confirmation too.
10. You get email confirmation of documents submitted from UKVCAS.

They did not take my original passport or other original documents so im assuming they only need the digital ones we uploaded.

I will provide updates on processing timelines in the processing timelines section.
Thanks and hope people find this helpful.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:59 am

Yes, the process is entirely digital now - they check your passport in person and take another copy, but other than that what you uploaded is what the HO uses to process your applications. No need to send them any physical papers. Good luck with your application.