ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application of Child as Dependant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SelvaChandra
Newly Registered
India

Application of Child as Dependant

Post by SelvaChandra » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:13 pm

Hi,
I and my wife are having Indefinite Leave to Remain.
My son was born in India in June last year and we need to apply for a visa for my child. Can I apply directly ILR for my child or should I apply as family visa as dependent?

secret.simon

Re: Application of Child as Dependant

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:58 pm

SelvaChandra wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:13 pm
Can I apply directly ILR for my child or should I apply as family visa as dependent?
Assuming the child is still in India, you need to apply for a family dependent visa.

If you attach proof that both parents have ILR, the child should be issued ILE (Indefinite Leave to Enter; the same as ILR, but issued outside the UK) automatically anyway.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.