ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (M) Visa - long term disability and online bank statement query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nnhusai
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Set (M) question

Post by nnhusai » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:05 pm

Hi everyone,

My wife's FLR(M) visa runs out Sept 2024. After she will be applying for her Set (M) / ILR visa. We are planning on visiting her family in Pakistan for few weeks in 2023. My question is, on the day my wife submits her Set (M) application, is they a specific qualifying period when my wife submits her application i.e. does she have to be in the UK exactly 1 or 2 years from the date when she submits her application? For example if she submits her Set (M) application on the 1st of September 2024, will she have to have been in the UK on the 1st Sep 2023 or 1st September 2022?

Hope that make sense, appreciate any help.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Set (M) question

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:14 pm

is they a specific qualifying period when my wife submits her application i.e. does she have to be in the UK exactly 1 or 2 years from the date when she submits her application? For example if she submits her Set (M) application on the 1st of September 2024, will she have to have been in the UK on the 1st Sep 2023 or 1st September 2022?
No there is not, never has been such a requirement for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Set (M) question

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:28 pm

nnhusai wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:05 pm
Hi everyone,

My wife's FLR(M) visa runs out Sept 2024. After she will be applying for her Set (M) / ILR visa. We are planning on visiting her family in Pakistan for few weeks in 2023. My question is, on the day my wife submits her Set (M) application, is they a specific qualifying period when my wife submits her application i.e. does she have to be in the UK exactly 1 or 2 years from the date when she submits her application? No, such only cones into consideration for naturalisation BC For example if she submits her Set (M) application on the 1st of September 2024, will she have to have been in the UK on the 1st Sep 2023 or 1st September 2022?

Hope that make sense, appreciate any help.

Thanks

nnhusai
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Moving house before SET (M) application

Post by nnhusai » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:22 pm

Hi,

My wife is currently on a FLR(M) visa and we have been living with family since my wife arrived in the UK. However we will soon be moving into a new house (I'm the owner).

She will be applying for her SET(M) visa in one year. Will moving address prior to this be an issue?

We are planning on attaching a letter explaining the house move with supporting evidence e.g. mortgage letter, along with any new correspondance letters we receive in the new house, and from the previous address. Is there anything more we would need to do?

Or is best to delay any address change till after the SET(M) application?

Any advice would be appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Moving house before SET (M) application

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:29 pm

You're overthinking.

No issue. You simply need to provide evidence of cohabitation for the 2 years before applying for ILR in both your names.

No need for a letter explaining either!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Moving house before SET (M) application

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:12 pm

nnhusai wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:22 pm
Hi,

My wife is currently on a FLR(M) visa and we have been living with family since my wife arrived in the UK. However we will soon be moving into a new house (I'm the owner).

She will be applying for her SET(M) visa in one year. Will moving address prior to this be an issue?

We are planning on attaching a letter explaining the house move with supporting evidence e.g. mortgage letter, along with any new correspondance letters we receive in the new house, and from the previous address. Is there anything more we would need to do? No

Or is best to delay any address change till after the SET(M) application? No dont delay it, carry on living. Others in similar circumstances in the past have applied without issues and to be honest cohabitation evidence appears to be the least of requirements to worry about.

Any advice would be appreciated.

nnhusai
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Set (M) Visa - long term disability and online bank statement query

Post by nnhusai » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:03 pm

Hi,

We will be applying for my wife's ILR visa at the end of August 2024. I have been employed full time at the same company for the last 2 years with a gross non salary pay of £39,380 however for the last 6 months I have been on sick leave, receiving full pay. As I am still unable to go back to work, my employer has granted a something they refer to as Long Term Disability Benefit, which is half pay and reviewed every 3 months. I will receive a normal payslip for this.

I planned on relying on Catgeory A with 6 months pay slips.
Does anyone have idea if the Long Term Disability Benefit payslips will be accepted?

I'm also thinking to use Category D route, relying on 6 months cash savings over £34400. This will be a mix of my savings and cash gifts from family.

Would you recommend Category D rather than A if there is uncertainty about whether the Long term disability payslips will be accepted?

With regards to bank statements, I am with an online bank with all statements online (Chase). Chase said they can post the statements but it will be no different to what I am able to print out. Am I ok just to print this myself?

Appreciate any advise.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Set (M) Visa - long term disability and online bank statement query

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:28 pm

If you are getting full pay then I do not see any issues. For cash saving, you need £34600 maintained for at least 6 months in your account
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice