ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent resident returning after a number of years

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

twista
Ireland

Permanent resident returning after a number of years

Post by twista » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 am

Hi
I was a permanent resident. We left Australia a few years ago and i understand it expired. What is the process for return. Return resident visa or what are my options? Thanks

Feeky
Newly Registered

Re: Permanent resident returning after a number of years

Post by Feeky » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:13 pm

Well, from my understanding of the law you must not stay away for more than two years. You lose that right when you are away for more than two years

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Permanent resident returning after a number of years

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:25 pm

Feeky wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:13 pm
Well, from my understanding of the law you must not stay away for more than two years. You lose that right when you are away for more than two years
Why have you responded to a topic which was posted in 2011 ? :!: Also the member was asking about retaining permanent residence in Australia and not in the UK
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.