ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

subhashini463
Newly Registered
India

Visitor visa refused

Post by subhashini463 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:28 pm

Hi,

We applied for Visitor visa for my mother-in-law which was refused due to following reasons

• I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you
meet the requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 to V4.6 of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for
Visitors because:

• You state that you want to travel to the UK for 4 months 6 days to visit family. You
state you are currently un-employed. You declare another regular allowance of
350,000.00 INR (£3,308.24) at an exchange rate of £1 = 105.774 as per Oanda.Com
on (25/01/2024) per year. You state you currently spend 2,000.00 INR (£18.90) per
month on expenses.

• I have recognised the importance of family visits and have carefully considered your
application. I am aware of the circumstances surrounding your application; however, I
am not satisfied that these outweigh my other concerns against the requirements of
the Immigration Rules. I have considered the evidence provided and written
statements you have made, but I am not satisfied you have met the requirements of
the Immigration Rules on this occasion.

• You have said that your sponsor will help you with this visit by providing you with
funds accommodation whilst you are in the United Kingdom. While I take that into
account in assessing your proposed maintenance and accommodation in the UK, this
is only one aspect of the visitor rules, and this sponsorship does not satisfy me of
your own intention to leave the UK on completion of your visit.

• In support of your application, you have submitted a bank statement for an account
which is held in your name account number ending 889. I note between 06/12/2023 –
05/01/2023 125,814.00 INR (£1,189.21) was credited into this account within a
month period. Given your declared income of (£3,308.24) per year coupled with the
fact this statement does not demonstrate you declared expenditure, I am not satisfied
that you have demonstrated a true reflection of your financial circumstances or that
your circumstances are as stated. This leads me to doubt your stated intentions in
wishing to visit the UK.

• In consideration of your family ties, I note the statements made by you in your
visa application whereby you mention there are no remaining dependants in your
home country. This, in conjunction with the concerns relating to your economic ties,
gives me reason to further doubt that you will depart the UK at the end of the period
stated by you.

• To come to my decision, I have considered, not only those documents stated above,
but all the documents you have provided regarding your circumstances.

• From the information on your application form and the documents you have
submitted, I am not satisfied that you intend to leave the United Kingdom or that you
are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor. Your application for a visit visa has therefore
been refused under paragraph V4.2 (a) and (c) of the Immigration rules.

What are my chances if we apply again with explaining below

1. the reason for deoposits within a month is due to agricultural income as it only comes once every year, my mother in law owns 4 acres of argiculture land which we provided documents also

2. Family ties back in India - she have a son and another daughter aprart from my wife, she also has grand kids - we can provide family photos etc

3. Her expenses are very mimimum as she owns house and cattles and she gets government benifits for every month hense the reason we specified 2000 INR as expenses

I have been living in UK for 15 years and we own two houses and i have a small IT consultancy firm all documents i provided and both mine and my wife's bank statements showing all the monies

What else can i do in my next application that could result in success, please advise any help will be greatly appriciated

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor visa refused

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:56 pm

What is stated must correspond with evidence provided.
Once there is contradiction it becomes a tall order.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:33 pm

subhashini463 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:28 pm
2. Family ties back in India - she have a son and another daughter aprart from my wife, she also has grand kids - we can provide family photos etc

3. Her expenses are very mimimum as she owns house and cattles and she gets government benifits for every month hense the reason we specified 2000 INR as expenses
All these should have been mentioned in her application and evidenced with proof, to show that she has a reason to return back at the end of her visit.
subhashini463 wrote:
I have been living in UK for 15 years and we own two houses and i have a small IT consultancy firm all documents i provided and both mine and my wife's bank statements showing all the monies
Keep in mind that this makes her case weaker. She needs to show that she is more likely to return back to India than stay in the UK with her family here. If you show that her family in the UK is capable of supporting her here, what incentive is there for her to return to India and not overstay?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

subhashini463
Newly Registered
India

Post by subhashini463 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:32 am

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:33 pm
subhashini463 wrote:

All these should have been mentioned in her application and evidenced with proof, to show that she has a reason to return back at the end of her visit.
subhashini463 wrote:
Keep in mind that this makes her case weaker. She needs to show that she is more likely to return back to India than stay in the UK with her family here. If you show that her family in the UK is capable of supporting her here, what incentive is there for her to return to India and not overstay?
There is a question in application that asked - do you have any dependants who are financially dependant on you - i answered NO to this as both her childer son and daughter are adults and no do jobs

1. Would i have answered this YES - and in the additinal information provide details about family ?

2. How soon can i apply, is there a cool-off period or standard gap i need to leave between applications

Thanks for your help

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:52 pm

Application was always going to fail. you specified that the she was coming to the UK for over 4 months, plus many other errors. That's not a holiday anymore, that's living in the UK!

Give it 9 months to 1 year and go back to the drawing board. Any application made now would be cross referenced with this one. Points made on this one would rear it's ugly head again.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!