ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Pre settled to settle Lounes & retained rights to remain

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Edoli17
Newly Registered
Turkey

EU Pre settled to settle Lounes & retained rights to remain

Post by Edoli17 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:48 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a non eu citizen with pre settled. Married my eu spouse in 2019. I moved to uk april 2019. I have pre settled status until April 2024. In 2021 my spouse naturalised as british citizen. I thought i could apply online but I have realized I need to apply via lounes route. We have also applied for divorce and still in the proceedings but it may finalise around the time my pre settlement ends.

How long does lounes route take ? If it doesnt finalise by the time my pre settlement ends, can i stay in uk until it is approved or rejected ?

Also, if my divorce is finalised, can i apply via retained rights to remain ? if so, is this supposed to be a paper application too ?

Many thanks if anyone knows the answers

eubritish
United Kingdom

Re: EU Pre settled to settle Lounes & retained rights to remain

Post by eubritish » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:16 pm

You can apply online like everyone else. The fact that your wife has become British citizen should not matter.

My sister is non-EU dependent on me (EU citizen who naturalised as British) and my being British was not relevant for any of her EUSS applications.

The divorce and retention stuff I have no clue but someone else with knowledge of those subjects could respond.

Good luck!

Edoli17
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Edoli17 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:27 am

eubritish wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:16 pm
You can apply online like everyone else. The fact that your wife has become British citizen should not matter.

My sister is non-EU dependent on me (EU citizen who naturalised as British) and my being British was not relevant for any of her EUSS applications.

The divorce and retention stuff I have no clue but someone else with knowledge of those subjects could respond.

Good luck!
Hi,

Did your sister provide that you are dual citizen ? or she only provided that you are EU citizen ?

Many Thanks!

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:54 am

Yes, I applied on her behalf and provided both my UK and EU passpors as proof of my ID.

darnous
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by darnous » Sat May 18, 2024 2:34 pm

Dear Edoli17
Could you please tell us the timeline of your Lounes application, when did you send the application form, when did you receive your documents (passport, etc), when did you get the decision, and the BRC.
Many thanks

Edoli17
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Edoli17 » Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:28 pm

eubritish wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:16 pm

Good luck!
Hi, I applied online and i got email today after 3 months that i did an invalid application. Does it mean i need to do a paper application ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:39 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.