ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

***ILR and Working Tax Credit - Is this a public fund?****

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MrHaque
Newly Registered

***ILR and Working Tax Credit - Is this a public fund?****

Post by MrHaque » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:01 am

Hello

Apologies if some of this has already been covered in other posts but I really would appreciate some advice/clarification about my situation.

I need some advice re WTC.

I will be applying for my settlement visa in November and I am very concerned about the "recourse to public funds" element.

My wife (who is British) receives Child Benefit and Child Tax Credits. The claimant on the form is my wife; my details are also included on the form. At the time of application I was not in employment.

I understand from reading the various posts on here and from sources of information elsewhere that CB and CTC are permitted and NOT considered to be a recourse to public funds?

I am a Bangladeshi national who came here in February 2008. I started FT employment in April of that year. HM Revenue & Custom were informed of this immediately and I am now in receipt of WTC.

My question is: is WTC considered to be a recourse to public funds? If it is, how do I rectify this situation?

Many thanks in advance for any useful advice/information.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:14 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.