ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I'm relocating to the UK to start my own business. can anyone assist me in this matter?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

reannamurphy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

I'm relocating to the UK to start my own business. can anyone assist me in this matter?

Post by reannamurphy » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:42 am

Hello everyone, I am thinking of relocating to the UK to start my own business with a self-sponsored
visa. Has anyone heard of third party weblink removed by Moderator They say they can assist in this matter?
Your insights would be appreciated!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: I'm relocating to the UK to start my own business. can anyone assist me in this matter?

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:52 am

The only routes are a skilled worker visa, innovator or start up visa and each has their own requirments.

There is no such easy/simple route as simply self sponsoring yourself for a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Re: I'm relocating to the UK to start my own business. can anyone assist me in this matter?

Post by secret.simon » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:40 am

I suspect that the website and user may be referring to the innovator or start up visa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:49 am

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:40 am
I suspect that the website and user may be referring to the innovator or start up visa.
The link the user posted makes no mention of a specific visa route and only talks about self sponsored visa. I looked through the site to understand.

Even innovator and start up is not self sponsored as requires endorsement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:43 pm

There are hundreds of businesses offering all sorts of promises on the internet about immigration routes into the UK.
Be very wary of anything that sounds too good to be true, invariably it will lead to nothing more than great expense for very little in return.

ClaudeVest
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ClaudeVest » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:45 am

I have actually connected with xxxxxxxxxxxx , I believe self-sponsored visas are
indeed a valid option in the UK. The process is lengthy and costs a lot but they seemed genuine and
helpful to me, didn’t try to push or sell me anything, in fact they tried to explain all issues to me. I
spoke with someone called Dean there. It might be worth contacting the company directly to get
more details.

Edit: Web link removed by Moderator. Please desist from posting links to other websites.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:13 pm

Not denying investment and innovation visa routes. Just be very careful as it can be a very expensive way to gain nothing.
If you believe it is a respectable and reliable business by all means go ahead. There a few good companies but many more bad ones.
Do your due diligence and by wary.

Out of interest what type of business is it?