ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries on Norway Schengan Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashishguk
Newly Registered

Queries on Norway Schengan Visa

Post by ashishguk » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:04 am

Dear Experts,

I am in the process of applying for a Schengen Visa for my wife's travel(with family) to Norway. While my son and I hold UK passports, my wife holds an ILR and an Indian passport. I have a couple of queries regarding the application:

Available Funds: What amount of available funds should be demonstrated in my wife's account? Is it necessary to cover expenses for all three of us, considering that our tickets and travel insurance indicate that we will be traveling together?

Fund Maintenance: My wife has not consistently maintained funds in a single account for an extended period. Is it required for the funds to be consistently maintained for three months without the balance falling below a specific threshold?

Credit Card Balance: Can I show the available balance on a credit card as valid proof of funds?

Thank you for your assistance in advance.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Queries on Norway Schengan Visa

Post by meself2 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:36 am

She shows expenses for herself. Alternatively, you can sponsor her, so your bank statements shall be attached then.

There's no need to maintain balance, but putting 2 thousand pounds in her account just to make her savings get past the reasonable threshold would raise eyebrows.

I wouldn't really use credit card as a valid proof of funds. If there's no money in the bank/salary transfers/etc, having a credit card won't help, as they're not your money, essentially - it's the bank's money. You can add it to the documents, but they're more to strengthen the case additionally, assuming financial requirement is met already.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

ashishguk
Newly Registered

Re: Queries on Norway Schengan Visa

Post by ashishguk » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:09 am

Thank you for your response.