ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa for Parents and Siblings travelling together

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

freecycle2100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Visitor Visa for Parents and Siblings travelling together

Post by freecycle2100 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:43 pm

Hello everyone,

Has anyone applied visitor visa for parents and sibling's family (brother, his wife and son & daughter) traveling together (total 6 members)?

I am planning to invite my mother, father, brother, his wife and his children together. Can I send one sponsor letter for the entire family. They are not in the same town and they have to apply in different VFS locations. Can they both use same sponsor letter(can they bring different copy of the same letter?)?

Will there be any negative implication on their visa approval as they all traveling together and using the same sponsor letter?

Thank you.

freecycle2100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor Visa for Parents and Siblings travelling together

Post by freecycle2100 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:08 pm

Could anyone please respond to this query? Greatly appreciate any help.

Just to add, I have got British passport.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:19 am

freecycle2100 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:43 pm
Hello everyone,

Has anyone applied visitor visa for parents and sibling's family (brother, his wife and son & daughter) traveling together (total 6 members)?

I am planning to invite my mother, father, brother, his wife and his children together. Can I send one sponsor letter for the entire family. They are not in the same town and they have to apply in different VFS locations. Can they both use same sponsor letter(can they bring different copy of the same letter?)?

Will there be any negative implication on their visa approval as they all traveling together and using the same sponsor letter?

Thank you.
Would it not be ideal if you split it? One letter for your parents and another for your brother and his family! You said they don't live in the same city, so why complicate things?
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

freecycle2100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by freecycle2100 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:42 am

Thanks for the response. I have decided to send two separate sponsor letters for both families (Parents and Sibling's family).

I understand on the form they will still have to show that they are travelling together. i.e. there is a question ' If you are travelling with anyone else who is not your spouse or dependent'. My parents will have to indicate they are travelling with their son who is not dependent. And similarly my brother will have to show he is travelling with my parents even if they are not dependent on my brother.

Regards,

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:29 am

freecycle2100 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:42 am
Thanks for the response. I have decided to send two separate sponsor letters for both families (Parents and Sibling's family).

I understand on the form they will still have to show that they are travelling together. i.e. there is a question ' If you are travelling with anyone else who is not your spouse or dependent'. My parents will have to indicate they are travelling with their son who is not dependent. And similarly my brother will have to show he is travelling with my parents even if they are not dependent on my brother.

Regards,
There's really no requirement to say that. Travel plans change all the time.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Kumar5031
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kumar5031 » Mon May 13, 2024 10:24 pm

I have applied in the sane way, 6 family members for my daughters first birthday celebrations. Waiting for decision. Was your approved?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 16, 2024 6:10 am

Kumar5031 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 10:24 pm
I have applied in the sane way, 6 family members for my daughters first birthday celebrations. Waiting for decision. Was your approved?
Op not here since February, as your questions in your thread.