ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E-Vetting: format of Application Number

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GeorgeOrwell
Newly Registered
Ireland

E-Vetting: format of Application Number

Post by GeorgeOrwell » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:49 am

I have received the email for Vetting, and the form is looking for:

Person ID in the format 123456-99 or 1234567-99 and an Application Number in the format 1234567-CITZ-01

I am a UK citizen and don't have a Person ID, and the Acknowledgement Number is in the format CITZ202312345678.

I can't work out how to get my Acknowledgement Number to fit the format they need? How do I continue the website without a Person ID?

ave had no reply from the Citizenship email address.

Any ideas?

Thanks

kzz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: E-Vetting: format of Application Number

Post by kzz » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:21 am

Have you received any acknowledge mail (by post) after you submitted your naturalization application ? In that acknowledge mail there is Person ID and Application No. on the top right corner.

My experience is based on paper application. I don't know what is the case for online application , though.

GeorgeOrwell
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by GeorgeOrwell » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:24 am

Thanks, but this is the online application.

All I have received is an acknowledgement number which is in a different format. No Person ID at all!

kzz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by kzz » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:36 am

hmmm, I started to think maybe they just mass-sent the e-vetting emails to everybody, probably even to people who they haven't assigned the PersonID yet. Did you just submit your citizenship application very recently ?

Of course it's only my speculation. Other more experienced folks on this forum might have a better explanation .

GeorgeOrwell
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by GeorgeOrwell » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:45 am

I applied electronically on 19 October, and received an email acknowledgement.

I submitted further information, as requested on 23 and 26 January.

On 26 January I received an email accepting it for processing,

and on 8 February received an email asking me to start e-vetting.

I've never received any hard copy letters, or Person ID etc.

sugarloaf123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sugarloaf123 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:36 pm

I'm in the same boat. I submitted my application online and only received an acknowledgment number, like OP. Now I've received an email inviting me for vetting, but I don't have the person ID or application reference number in the format the online form requires. Sent email to citizenship office no response since last week.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:51 pm

Person ID - if you have any paper correspondence with ISD, it should be there.

Citizenship number ( unconfirmed and risky) - you can try to make it out of application number (from 2023CITZ12345678 -> 2345678-CITZ-23 (last 2 digits is a year; from what I've seen, first number which is thrown away here is a zero).

If someone got a response from ISD, feel free to share whether my theory is correct.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

GeorgeOrwell
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by GeorgeOrwell » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:03 pm

sugarloaf123 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:36 pm
I'm in the same boat. I submitted my application online and only received an acknowledgment number, like OP. Now I've received an email inviting me for vetting, but I don't have the person ID or application reference number in the format the online form requires. Sent email to citizenship office no response since last week.
That's good to know others are in the same boat - I was worried I'd missed a letter.

I have emailed them too, and if / when I get a reply, I'll post it here.

GeorgeOrwell
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by GeorgeOrwell » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:05 pm

meself2 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:51 pm
Person ID - if you have any paper correspondence with ISD, it should be there.

Citizenship number ( unconfirmed and risky) - you can try to make it out of application number (from 2023CITZ12345678 -> 2345678-CITZ-23 (last 2 digits is a year; from what I've seen, first number which is thrown away here is a zero).

If someone got a response from ISD, feel free to share whether my theory is correct.
Thanks - I tried some combinations of that, but didn't want to risk it!

MirandaT
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by MirandaT » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:53 pm

The very same has happened to me. I received the email to complete the online form on 08 February 2024 and now I am also stuck because I do not have the mandatory Person ID and my application number is not in the required format. I submitted my application online on 19 October 2023. I never received a letter by post, only emails. I also emailed the citizenship division but no luck so far. It's reassuring to know that the issue is not only happening to me, so I believe they will have it sorted out soon. Thanks for informing here should you receive a reply. I will post here too if they get back to me.

GeorgeOrwell
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by GeorgeOrwell » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:42 am

That's reassuring (though frustrating)! We are going through the process at exactly the same time. The online process does seem much easier than paper-based, but I guess it leads to anomalies like this.

Hopefully a few people in the same boat have sent in emails and they can send us the Person ID and Application Number we need.

Until then, there's not much we can do.

albertkkm
Newly Registered
Myanmar

Post by albertkkm » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:08 pm

I also got the evetting invitation email on 8th February 2024 and I'm having the same issues with you all. The only email I got from online application was the automated acknowledgement email which doesn't contain both user ID and application reference number that has same format with the required. Following this thread, but any updates so far from any of you all? Thanks!

MirandaT
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by MirandaT » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:55 pm

GeorgeOrwell wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:42 am
That's reassuring (though frustrating)! We are going through the process at exactly the same time. The online process does seem much easier than paper-based, but I guess it leads to anomalies like this.

Hopefully a few people in the same boat have sent in emails and they can send us the Person ID and Application Number we need.

Until then, there's not much we can do.
albertkkm wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:08 pm
I also got the evetting invitation email on 8th February 2024 and I'm having the same issues with you all. The only email I got from online application was the automated acknowledgement email which doesn't contain both user ID and application reference number that has same format with the required. Following this thread, but any updates so far from any of you all? Thanks!
I got an email today with an attached letter containing my person ID and the application number in the format requested. I hope you guys received it too!

GeorgeOrwell
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by GeorgeOrwell » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:08 pm

That's brilliant. I haven't received anything yet, but it's good that something is moving!

MirandaT
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by MirandaT » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:12 pm

GeorgeOrwell wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:08 pm
That's brilliant. I haven't received anything yet, but it's good that something is moving!
I sent an email to citizenshipinfo@justice.ie on 08 February 2024. Pretty much as soon as I received the email to complete the online vetting form. They might be going through the emails and will eventually get to yours soon :)
Best of luck!

Leo99
Ireland

Post by Leo99 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:10 pm

So the online applications are moving faster than people who applied earlier in the year. Lol. Justice department at it again.

GeorgeOrwell
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by GeorgeOrwell » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:13 am

I have received my letter with Person ID and Application Number.

Phew!

Wioleta
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Wioleta » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:59 pm

Hi, I have the same problem now. So, do I need to request these details through email: citizenshipinfo@justice.ie? Did you receive the letter by post or email and how long did it take them to reply? Thanks

peace23
Ireland

Post by peace23 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:25 pm

Wioleta wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:59 pm
Hi, I have the same problem now. So, do I need to request these details through email: citizenshipinfo@justice.ie? Did you receive the letter by post or email and how long did it take them to reply? Thanks
Hi, check the attachment with e-vetting email invitation,there should be a PDF file including the numbers as some mentioned in other posts

Wioleta
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Wioleta » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:33 pm

Unfortunately, there is no attachment, I wrote an email to citizenshipinfo@justice.ie - 6 days ago but I have not received a reply yet...