ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay on ILR Set(O) Priority Service

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rtech
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Documents needed to support my absences

Post by rtech » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:36 pm

Hi,

I'm in process of applying for ILR, and wondering if I need to provide any proof for my absences such as tickets, etc.

I'm applying through Skilled Worker route, and never exceeded 180 days per annum, only used my legal annual leave and I can get a letter from my employer. is it enough to just provide a letter from employer listing all the dates?

my entry clearance issued on 25/01/2019, and I entered the UK on 29/01/2019, am I eligible to apply?

Thank you in advance for helping me.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Documents needed to support my absences

Post by lolo2 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:51 pm

The ILR form will ask to put absences (dates, destination, reasons, etc) manually, no need to submit any tickets to support this. The stamped pages on your passport will work.

From the dates you've given you're eligible to apply for ILR under the SW route - if the other requirements are also met.

rtech
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Post by rtech » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:10 pm

Thank your for your response, do you know if I need to provide cover letter, P60 or any other supporting documents? I'm renting at the moment, do I need to provide bills or tenancy agreement? just want to make sure I provide everything they need

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:43 pm

rtech wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:10 pm
Thank your for your response, do you know if I need to provide cover letter, P60 or any other supporting documents? I'm renting at the moment, do I need to provide bills or tenancy agreement? just want to make sure I provide everything they need
All you need to know about the sponsor letter for Skilled Worker route

No P60 is required.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rtech
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Delay on ILR Set(O) Priority Service

Post by rtech » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:45 pm

Hi all,

I've applied for ILR through Skilled worker visa, did my biometric on 27 Jan 2024, and paid for Priority service.

I've got this email from UKVI on 31 Jan 2024:

Thank you for your settlement application for permission to stay in the UK.

Although we would normally decide your application within 5 working days from the date of biometrics, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.

today is 12 Feb 2024 and no further emails, I'm a bit worried now as my current visa expires on 3/3/2024, anyone has similar experience? what should I do?

Turki
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Delay on ILR Set(O) Priority Service

Post by Turki » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:35 pm

why are you worried , once you submitted the application, it doesn't matter now even if your visa expires..
You need to wait for their response.. It may take few more days but don't panic as they haven't asked you anything. no email is not bad.
Last edited by Turki on Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:40 pm

I guess they didn't give you specific reasons for the delay. In such case, and assuming that the delay is the Home Office's fault, you might be eligible for a refund of the priority fee paid.

Apart from that there's nothing else you can do, wait for a decision.

You'll be covered by section 3C of the immigration rules after the expiry date of your current visa if UKVI is still due to give a decision, nothing to worry about it.

rtech
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Post by rtech » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:49 pm

No they didn't give me any specific reason for the delay, and I've provided all the supporting documents and even more, should I wait to get my ILR to request a refund or should I just email them now?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:11 pm

rtech wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:49 pm
No they didn't give me any specific reason for the delay, and I've provided all the supporting documents and even more, should I wait to get my ILR to request a refund or should I just email them now?
No refund is given until the application is decided. Also if they tell you that your application cannot be decided in the timeframe you may not be eligible for a refund. Wait to hear back

Immigration and nationality refunds policy
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Jerherm
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by Jerherm » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:17 pm

Same for me I have applied on the 10th of February .
Last edited by Jerherm on Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jerherm
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by Jerherm » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:17 pm

rtech wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:45 pm
Hi all,

I've applied for ILR through Skilled worker visa, did my biometric on 27 Jan 2024, and paid for Priority service.

I've got this email from UKVI on 31 Jan 2024:

Although we would normally decide your application within 5 working days from the date of biometrics, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.

today is 12 Feb 2024 and no further emails, I'm a bit worried now as my current visa expires on 3/3/2024, anyone has similar experience? what should I do?

Received this today

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:12 am

Jerherm wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:17 pm
Same for me I have applied on the 10th of February .
Please do NOT bump multiple posts on the forum. This issue has been covered many many times and the advice remains the same. The priority service has NO guarantees. This is pretty normal. Wait to hear back :!:

rtech
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Post by rtech » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:54 am

Is there any number I can call to get an update? it's been 3 weeks and I haven't got any update yet, I know it may take up to 6 months and priority service has no guarantee, but there should be a way to find out why?!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:07 pm

rtech wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:54 am
Is there any number I can call to get an update? it's been 3 weeks and I haven't got any update yet, I know it may take up to 6 months and priority service has no guarantee, but there should be a way to find out why?!
No there is not. They do not provide any updates even if you call them. Again, this is normal so wait to hear back

rtech
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Post by rtech » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:38 pm

Thanks, as my current visa is expiring my employer offered me to kick of the employer check process which basically allows me to extend my current visa for 6 months, I'm not sure about it as it may delay my process, I might be wrong though.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:01 pm

rtech wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:38 pm
Thanks, as my current visa is expiring my employer offered me to kick of the employer check process which basically allows me to extend my current visa for 6 months, I'm not sure about it as it may delay my process, I might be wrong though.
The employer check doea not "extend your visa". It merely shows the validity of the employer check is valid for 6 months. Nothing to dow tih visa validity or extsnding a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nmp2024
Newly Registered
India

Post by Nmp2024 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:43 am

Just wondering ,did you get an update on this ?