ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continuity of Legal Stay for ILR: Student Visa, Pending FLR(HRO), and Granted Graduate Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alesandeepkumar1994
Newly Registered
India

Continuity of Legal Stay for ILR: Student Visa, Pending FLR(HRO), and Granted Graduate Visa

Post by alesandeepkumar1994 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:31 pm

Subject: Continuity of Legal Stay for ILR: Student Visa, Pending FLR(HRO), and Granted Graduate Visa

Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing well. I am currently navigating through the process of applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK, and I have a question regarding the continuity of legal stay.

Technically I continuously made visa application before my another visa expiry. Technically I made all legal stay in UK. As visa pending at home office consider as legal stay.
Student visa 2years+(FLR Hro pending at home office) 2 years + Graduate visa (2 years) = Total 6years continuous stay from Sep 2018-Sep2024

Here is a brief overview of my situation:

I arrived in the UK on a student visa on 23rd September 2018.
I applied for a FLR(HRO) visa on 4th September 2020, and the application was pending at the Home Office until it was refused on 28th July 2022.
I was recently granted a Graduate visa (PSW) on 5th July 2022, valid until 5th September 2024.
My question is whether the time spent under the student visa, the period during the pending FLR(HRO) application, and the granted Graduate visa contribute to the continuity of legal stay required for ILR under Paragraph 276ADE(1)(iii) and related paragraphs.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or experiences you could share regarding this matter. Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards,

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Continuity of Legal Stay for ILR: Student Visa, Pending FLR(HRO), and Granted Graduate Visa

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:53 pm

Provide the date of visa expiry and the date of your applications. When did you apply for a Graduate visa (PSW) ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Avani345
Newly Registered
India

Re: Continuity of Legal Stay for ILR: Student Visa, Pending FLR(HRO), and Granted Graduate Visa

Post by Avani345 » Wed May 08, 2024 11:28 am

Hi Sandeep

Can i know on what grounds you have applied for FLR HRO. I am in a similar position and want to extend my stay after PSW.