ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply ILR on basis of my father"s British Passpor

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HareKrishna
Newly Registered

Can I apply ILR on basis of my father"s British Passpor

Post by HareKrishna » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:19 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,
my queries as under:-

My Whole family (Father ,mother n brother) all has british passport now.I entered in this country in Aug 03 as student visa which was sponsored by my father.I didn't try for Indefinite leave to entry (ILE) at that time as i was 21 yrs old (over 18).I had almost completed my study but it's not reliable for me to go back my country now. Neither I hav any closed family members nor any property/house there(my dad sold everything to settled down here)..According to my cultural background (the closed bond with family + living in joint family) and due to detoriating situation of my country,I only think to settled down with my own family here,we bought house here n contributing to pay mortgage from my side as well n' hav everything here.I am fed up of extending my visa every year.
Is there any chances to apply for ILR visa under this circumstances?? (noted it's only being 5 yrs i am living here....)
Any kind of suggestion will be appreciate from forum members.
Thanking for your anticipation.
Hare_Krishna....![img]%20%20[/img]

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:11 pm

it's not reliable for me to go back my country now.
Your country is where?

Any possibility of you getting a Tier 1 visa?
John

HareKrishna
Newly Registered

thanx

Post by HareKrishna » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:25 am

Hi john,
Thanks for your response..!!
I am also planning for Tier 1 now..! only problem is my earning which is not good enough to give me 20 points for Tier 1 (general visa).Rest i can qualify...! any idea to overcome such problem..!

cheers..

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Can I apply ILR on basis of my father"s British Pas

Post by sakura » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:30 am

HareKrishna wrote:Dear Sir/Madam,
my queries as under:-

My Whole family (Father ,mother n brother) all has british passport now.I entered in this country in Aug 03 as student visa which was sponsored by my father.I didn't try for Indefinite leave to entry (ILE) at that time as i was 21 yrs old (over 18).I had almost completed my study but it's not reliable for me to go back my country now. Neither I hav any closed family members nor any property/house there(my dad sold everything to settled down here)..According to my cultural background (the closed bond with family + living in joint family) and due to detoriating situation of my country,I only think to settled down with my own family here,we bought house here n contributing to pay mortgage from my side as well n' hav everything here.I am fed up of extending my visa every year.
Is there any chances to apply for ILR visa under this circumstances?? (noted it's only being 5 yrs i am living here....)
Any kind of suggestion will be appreciate from forum members.
Thanking for your anticipation.
Hare_Krishna....![img]%20%20[/img]
You wouldn't qualify as a dependent child as you are too old for that. You don't qualify for any sort of ILR, as you have been on a student visa and thereofore not dependent, and have only been here for 5 years.

Your best chance would be a Tier-1 highly skilled visa or Tier 2 work sponsorship.