ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Domestic travel while waiting for ILR decision

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abigailkc
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

ILR Set(M) Standard Timelines and Reassurance

Post by abigailkc » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:35 pm

Hello all,

I have recently applied for ILR via the Set(M) route with standard processing - just bought a house this year so it wasn’t wise to slash out on priority.

Feeling incredibly anxious for a few reasons:

1: For some reason feeling I’ve declared something wrong/information is not good enough

2: Panicking if I applied in enough time to qualify for ILR. I was on a student visa in 2017, and switched to a spouse visa, so don’t have an “entered the UK date on a spouse visa” clock that started, I went off my BRP and letter I received in the post which granted my leave as of the 29th November 2018 - logically I know that is the right date… but easier said than done in regards to worrying!

3: My current FLR(M) expires on 7th Jan, so if I were to be rejected for any reason, I’m not sure what would happen, assume deportation. My entire life, husband, cats, purchased home, career is here and I am not sure how I would cope.

Does anyone have any enlightening words about the standard processing times, and how long it is roughly taking? I seem to see loads of super priority timelines out there. I know 6 months is “standard” but the thought of waiting that long makes me feel ill!!

Sorry for the rant, I’m sure many of you understand the incredible stress and financial burden this process puts people through, looking for some support and reassurance I suppose!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Set(M) Standard Timelines and Reassurance

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:42 pm

You are stressing too much. Just relax. No one is deporting you and your cats are safe :D
Most people who applied using the standard service should expect to get their ILR within 8 weeks of their Biometrics. It is quite uncommon for an application to take 6 months under the family route unless it is quite complex. Given that we are in the holiday season, add maybe a week or two. I'd say you should have your ILR in Jan if your case is straightforward
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

abigailkc
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Re: ILR Set(M) Standard Timelines and Reassurance

Post by abigailkc » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:29 am

Thank you!! I know I am stressing too much :lol:

I appreciate your response, I think it is hard to see and think clearly when so much is at stake. I suppose I can’t do anything but wait, just trying not to overanalyse my application and find potential faults!

abigailkc
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Domestic travel while waiting for ILR decision

Post by abigailkc » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:07 pm

Hello there,

I have applied for ILR SET(M) on the 1st December via the standard route, and am still awaiting a decision.

My husband and I are desperate for a holiday, and have opted to choose Scotland as we know we cannot travel out of the UK while waiting for a decision. We are aiming to go in about a month in mid-March.

This leads me to my question - if we were to fly from Bristol to Glasgow for example, would this be possible without issues at the border? I have a USA passport however my BRP is expired now as I am still waiting for my decision.

We could in theory drive, however it would take up a substantial amount of the time and flying would be more desirable if possible, but obviously do not want to risk anything - and do not want to face any possible denial of entry flying back to England.

Does anyone have experience with this or could help?

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Domestic travel while waiting for ILR decision

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:10 pm

if we were to fly from Bristol to Glasgow for example, would this be possible without issues at the border?
There is no border for domestic flights.

You are free to travel within the Uk.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:45 pm

You also do not need a passport or BRP to fly domestically within the UK. I am not sure why this is even asked, this is not different from any other country :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

yeoruc
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by yeoruc » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:34 pm

abigailkc wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:07 pm
Hello there,

I have applied for ILR SET(M) on the 1st December via the standard route, and am still awaiting a decision.

My husband and I are desperate for a holiday, and have opted to choose Scotland as we know we cannot travel out of the UK while waiting for a decision. We are aiming to go in about a month in mid-March.

This leads me to my question - if we were to fly from Bristol to Glasgow for example, would this be possible without issues at the border? I have a USA passport however my BRP is expired now as I am still waiting for my decision.

We could in theory drive, however it would take up a substantial amount of the time and flying would be more desirable if possible, but obviously do not want to risk anything - and do not want to face any possible denial of entry flying back to England.

Does anyone have experience with this or could help?

Thank you!
Scotland is part of the UK, so if you fly from Bristol to Glasgow, you'd be flying from one part of the UK to another part of the UK. It is domestic travel and your application would not be affected.