ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa for spouse

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sb26ld
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Dependent visa for spouse

Post by sb26ld » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:19 pm

I was on Tier 2 visa until 2022. I got ILR in Apr 2022 and citizenship in Jan 2024.

My partner arrived in the UK on skilled worker dependent visa in September 2020. When I applied for ILR, her visa was extended to April 2025. However, this means that she is falling 5 months short of 5 years required for her to get ILR.

-Is my understanding correct that she would need to once again extend her skilled worker dependent visa and can get ILR only once she completes 5 full years on that visa?
-If she has to apply for extension, does it have to be the full (almost) 3 years extension or can it be shorter? Given the fees and IHS have gone up, it would mean spending almost £4000 for this shortfall.
-Is there any other route that she can take to cover this shortfall of 5 months?