ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First British Passport Documents Requirements after Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

positiveme
United Kingdom

First British Passport Documents Requirements after Naturalisation

Post by positiveme » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:44 pm

Hi all

I am applying for my first British Passport after getting my Certificate of Naturalisation. After filling details about myself, parents, grandparents, now they are asking me send the below documents:

(I am confused, why they are asking my father's birth certificate and his naturalisation? It should be mine only?) I tried to search if there is any other form I need to complete but I only found one online application to fill and they are asking the below. Please advise.

Applicant’s documents

Send the following:

1. full birth or adoption certificate (showing both the child’s and parents’ details)
2. the passport used to enter the UK
3. any current or expired passports from other countries that haven’t been cancelled

Parents’ documents

For your father, send 1 of the following:

1. full birth or adoption certificate (showing both the child’s and parents’ details)
2. naturalisation or registration certificate

And you’ll also need to send:

1. father’s marriage or civil partnership certificate to your mother or parent 1

If any of the following apply, you need to send additional documents (opens in new tab):
  • include a professional, or other title on your passport
    apply for a British National Overseas (BNO) passport
    apply for a passport under treaty rights – this means the parents of the person applying for a passport are EU, EEA or Swiss nationals (or are the dependant family member of an EU, EEA or Swiss national) who exercised free movement rights in the UK as a worker, self-employed person, jobseeker, student or self-sufficient person
    change your gender on your passport
    get a first UK passport based on your parents’ Crown or Community service
    get a first UK passport if you were born abroad but adopted in the UK before 1 January 1983
    get a first UK passport if you were adopted abroad and you haven’t naturalised or registered
    get a first UK passport if you were born in the Philippines, or your parents are married or divorced and have links to the Philippines
    apply for a first UK passport if you were born through surrogacy
    apply for a British Protected Person passport

alterhase58
Germany

Re: First British Passport Documents Requirements after Naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:49 pm

positiveme wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:44 pm
Hi all

I am applying for my first British Passport after getting my Certificate of Naturalisation. After filling details about myself, parents, grandparents, now they are asking me send the below documents:

(I am confused, why they are asking my father's birth certificate and his naturalisation? It should be mine only?) I tried to search if there is any other form I need to complete but I only found one online application to fill and they are asking the below. Please advise.
There's only one form catering for all possible pathways to British citizenship. Ignore this request! Only provide your nat. certificate and current and uncancelled passports
Applicant’s documents

Send the following:

1. full birth or adoption certificate (showing both the child’s and parents’ details) not required
2. the passport used to enter the UK ok if you have it
3. any current or expired passports from other countries that haven’t been cancelled ok

Parents’ documents

1. full birth or adoption certificate (showing both the child’s and parents’ details) n/a
2. naturalisation or registration certificate n/a

1. father’s marriage or civil partnership certificate to your mother or parent 1 n/a

If any of the following apply, you need to send additional documents (opens in new tab): n/a
    apply for a passport under treaty rights – this means the parents of the person applying for a passport are EU, EEA or Swiss nationals (or are the dependant family member of an EU, EEA or Swiss national) who exercised free movement rights in the UK as a worker, self-employed person, jobseeker, student or self-sufficient person
    get a first UK passport if you were born abroad but adopted in the UK before 1 January 1983
    get a first UK passport if you were adopted abroad and you haven’t naturalised or registered
    get a first UK passport if you were born in the Philippines, or your parents are married or divorced and have links to the Philippines
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

positiveme
United Kingdom

Re: First British Passport Documents Requirements after Naturalisation

Post by positiveme » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:51 pm

Thank you so much for your quick and helpful response.

Much appreciated.
alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:49 pm
positiveme wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:44 pm
Hi all

There's only one form catering for all possible pathways to British citizenship. Ignore this request! Only provide your nat. certificate and current and uncancelled passports
Applicant’s documents

Send the following:

1. full birth or adoption certificate (showing both the child’s and parents’ details) not required
2. the passport used to enter the UK ok if you have it
3. any current or expired passports from other countries that haven’t been cancelled ok

Parents’ documents

1. full birth or adoption certificate (showing both the child’s and parents’ details) n/a
2. naturalisation or registration certificate n/a

1. father’s marriage or civil partnership certificate to your mother or parent 1 n/a

If any of the following apply, you need to send additional documents (opens in new tab): n/a