ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will new BRP invalidate schengen visa issued

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

satya_dev
Newly Registered
India

Will new BRP invalidate schengen visa issued

Post by satya_dev » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:28 pm

Hi All,

I am switching to skilled worker visa from another visa.

I want to know if the new BRP received on the skilled worker visa will invalidate my existing schengen visa which was issued on my current visa. Or will there be any impact on my existing schengen visa, do I need to update the French consulate(schengen visa issued from France) with the new BRP number.

Any help here is appreciated as I could not find any Information whatsoever.

Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Will new BRP invalidate schengen visa issued

Post by meself2 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:29 pm

There is no impact.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:38 am

satya_dev wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:28 pm
Hi All,

I want to know if the new BRP received on the skilled worker visa will invalidate my existing schengen visa which was issued on my current visa. Or will there be any impact on my existing schengen visa, do I need to update the French consulate(schengen visa issued from France) with the new BRP number.

Thanks
Are you referring to a UK skilled worker visa?

If so, the UK is not part of Schengen. Your UK skilled worker visa does not give you entry to Schengen countries, just like your Schengen visa does not give you entry to the UK. So, completely unrelated visas that do not affect each other.

If you received a work permit from a Schengen country and you are just using UK terminology, then yes, a work permit from a Schengen country does serve as your Schengen visa when visiting other Schengen countries that you do not reside in.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:39 am

ALKB wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:38 am
satya_dev wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:28 pm
Hi All,

Thanks
Are you referring to a UK skilled worker visa?

If so, the UK is not part of Schengen. Your UK skilled worker visa does not give you entry to Schengen countries, just like your Schengen visa does not give you entry to the UK. So, completely unrelated visas that do not affect each other.

If you received a work permit from a Schengen country and you are just using UK terminology, then yes, a work permit from a Schengen country does serve as your Schengen visa when visiting other Schengen countries that you do not reside in.
I feel like OP has a French Schengen visa and in the process of renewing their BRP as UK resident.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

satya_dev
Newly Registered
India

Post by satya_dev » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:11 pm

Thanks @ALKB yes I am referring to the UK skilled visa.

I am switching from a UK dependent visa to UK skilled worker visa which in turn will issue me a new BRP.

Since BRP is checked during immigration check while traveling to schengan zone and I might not have the same BRP that I used in the schengan visa application, I thought there could be a problem.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:22 am

satya_dev wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:11 pm
Thanks @ALKB yes I am referring to the UK skilled visa.

I am switching from a UK dependent visa to UK skilled worker visa which in turn will issue me a new BRP.

Since BRP is checked during immigration check while traveling to schengan zone and I might not have the same BRP that I used in the schengan visa application, I thought there could be a problem.
BRP's are checked before your visa is issued to see how much permission you have left to be in the UK (country you're applying from) and checked when entering the flights from Europe back to the UK.

A new BRP doesn't need to be announced. It would only come into play when you're coming back to the UK.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

satya_dev
Newly Registered
India

Post by satya_dev » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:51 pm

Thanks for your reply @Ticktack. I will stop worrying on this now.
Appreciate the help from all the members.

groot
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by groot » Sat May 04, 2024 12:35 am

Hey Satya,

Did you manager to travel back to UK with the new BRP against schegen visa that was issued on Old BRP?

Regards

kriswency
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by kriswency » Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:17 pm

Hi! Just wanted to ask an update regarding this. If the immigration arriving in a Schengen country asks for my Schengen visa and NEW ILR BRP, should i be showing ny NEW BRP or the Old BRP which i used to apply on my existing SHENGEN VISA ?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:58 am

The one that is valid.