ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application and First British Passport Application Together Possible in 2024?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tamo_146

Naturalisation Application and First British Passport Application Together Possible in 2024?

Post by tamo_146 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:59 pm

Hello,

I have ILR which I received back in 2020. My Husband has been a naturalised British Citizen since 2018 and my daughter is a British citizen by birth. I have now decided to apply for Naturalisation. When my Husband applied for his naturalisation, he had applied for the naturalisation and British passport together.

My Question:

- Can I apply for Naturalisation and British Passport together? Or do I have to wait to complete my naturalisation before I can submit the passport application? But my Husband did it together?
- I have submitted my naturalisation application, and my UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services appointment is in the next two weeks. What about the application for My British Passport?
- I have brought a paper form for passport application from the post office. Should I fill it out and take it for my UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services appointment?

Apologies if this has been clarified in another similar post but I could not figure it out and hence stated the new thread.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Application and First British Passport Application Together Possible in 2024?

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:06 pm

- Can I apply for Naturalisation and British Passport together? Or do I have to wait to complete my naturalisation before I can submit the passport application? But my Husband did it together?
No you cannot. You have to wait for approval and attend your ceremony before you can apply for a British passport. There was a joint process, it was discontinued in November 2018. It use to be done by the Council.
- I have submitted my naturalisation application, and my UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services appointment is in the next two weeks. What about the application for My British Passport?
You can only apply for a British passport AFTER you have attended the ceremony and received your naturalisation certificate.
- I have brought a paper form for passport application from the post office. Should I fill it out and take it for my UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services appointment?
No. Irrelevant. You cannot do both together anymore.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tamo_146

Re: Naturalisation Application and First British Passport Application Together Possible in 2024?

Post by tamo_146 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:29 pm

Much appreciated, thanks a lot.