ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship with conviction

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bcenq
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Citizenship with conviction

Post by bcenq » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:39 pm

I am new to this forum, please pardon me if I am posting in the wrong place

I put in my application and did my biometrics 5 months ago and I am still awaiting a decision but my situation is not straightforward. I have a previous fraud related conviction (non violent, non sexual), got a 10 month prison sentence and this was 11 years ago, I also have a drink drive conviction will happened 2 years after the previous conviction, got banned from driving for 12 months.

I have not had any issues with the law for the past 9 years, paying my taxes and living right, Normally I would have been more confident with my application before the latest GOOD CHARACTER policy that came into effect at the end of JULY 2023.

Considering how long it has been since my convictions, will that possibly tilt towards a positive outcome? on balance of probabilities, as my credit is good, I have no debt, I am not bankrupt, all my taxes are paid up to date.

I have not done any voluntary work, charities etc as I didnt want to do it just for the application even if I was adviced to

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Citizenship with conviction

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:07 pm

You submitted your application so all you can do is wait and see. Do report back on the forum about your outcome.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:28 am

I hope and trust that you will be approved, keep us posted on the progress.

bcenq
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bcenq » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:25 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:07 pm
You submitted your application so all you can do is wait and see. Do report back on the forum about your outcome.
I got a response last week and it was a refusal, but the weird thing is the reason they stated was not the presence of the conviction but they said I was refused because I did not declare it. Which I clearly did because I saved a copy of my application form. I intend to seek a review/reconsideration. Do you have any idea how long the waiting times for reconsideration is, on average

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:48 pm

there is no timeline for that unfortunately.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:58 pm

bcenq wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:25 pm
contorted_svy wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:07 pm
I got a response last week and it was a refusal, but the weird thing is the reason they stated was not the presence of the conviction but they said I was refused because I did not declare it. Which I clearly did because I saved a copy of my application form. I intend to seek a review/reconsideration. Do you have any idea how long the waiting times for reconsideration is, on average
Put your reconsideration in as soon as possible and keep updated.
While there has been changes, it appears the CWs are not understanding or interpreting this correctly. Or maybe its the populace that are getting it wrong and as we don't know HO inner workings from review or reconsideration decision we will get better understanding of HO's stance