ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ECCTIS BEng- No first year transcript due to diploma

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Greatexpat
India

ECCTIS BEng- No first year transcript due to diploma

Post by Greatexpat » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:01 am

Appreciate anyone who can help for the below issue we have.

I applied for ECCTIS English proficiency certificate for my wife for her Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) degree from India. In India, a BEng degree if 4 years but in many colleges, if you have a diploma you can skip the first of four years and join directly from second year. My wife did a diploma and joined from the second year.
After application, ECCTIS Evaluations responded with below-

"Thank you for your application.

In order to proceed, we require a clear colour photograph of the full academic transcript / mark sheets / diploma supplement for all semesters of study.

This is an official document which provides a list of the subjects / modules covered within your qualification, and the marks / scores obtained in each of those subjects.

Currently, we are missing your first year therefore please provide this.
"

Please let us know what is the best way to respond to this.

fullmoenty
India

Re: ECCTIS BEng- No first year transcript due to diploma

Post by fullmoenty » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:57 am

Get a reference letter from the respective college. I was in similar situation, while I opted to give IELTS for UKVI General at the time for the purpose of getting away with these intricacies, I got a letter from my college stating the below. Use this letter along with MoI from University, Degree College and Diploma and transcripts from Diploma and Degree.

"This is to certify that Mr. XXX son of Mr. XXX was a bonafide student of this college attending Four Year Degree Course in XXX from the academic year XXXX-XX to XXXX-XX. Based on their Diploma Qualification, they were admitted directly to second year of the Four Year Degree Course in XXX. As per our college records, he has completed and passed the final year, Semester VIII (XXX) examination held by the University of XXX in XXX, XXX in First Class with Distinction.

The medium of language of instruction for the entire course was English.

This certificate is issued on their own request."

Greatexpat
India

Re: ECCTIS BEng- No first year transcript due to diploma

Post by Greatexpat » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:54 pm

Thanks Fullmoenty for your response.
I just asked the contact centre what to do. They mentioned that I need to upload the Diploma certificate and that should suffice and indeed she received the ECCTIS proficiency certificate a few days later.