ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application- name change supporting documents question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lucky640
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Passport application- name change supporting documents question

Post by Lucky640 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:31 pm

Hello all!

I am applying for my first adult British passport after being naturalised as a spouse of British citizen. I have a question on the name change by marriage- does anyone know if I have to send HMPO my marriage certificate?

My foreign passport and Certificate of Naturalisation are both issued in my married name, and the Certificate of Naturalisation also mentions my name at birth (which is my maiden name).

When I submitted the online passport application it asked if I was ever known by any other names and I provided my maiden name. I now wonder if I have to document this name change for them.

Id very much appreciate your advice! Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Passport application- name change supporting documents question

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:57 pm

So foreign passport and certificate are issued in married name, and you applied for passport in married name - on the face of it your documents are aligned, shouldn't be a problem. Maiden name is quoted for info. But shouldn't have to prove name change as all documents are in your married name.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.