ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 years Address - MN1 Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Saad64
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

5 years Address - MN1 Form

Post by Saad64 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:53 pm

Hello

I am applying to register my child as a British citizen since I have acquired ILR. On the form, it asks me to provide the address of where the applicant lives and then there is another question that asks if you have lived at this address for 5 years, I selected "NO" since my son is only 2 months old so technically he hasn't lived at this address for 5 years, however, if I select "No" then it ask to provide details of address lived in for last 5 years.

I can't provide this since the child is only 2 months old and hasn't lived at any other address. If I select "Yes" to the question then it doesn't ask for any further details.

I am really confused about how to answer this question, any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: 5 years Address - MN1 Form

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:15 pm

Just show current address for the five years - caseworkers will know the child is only 2.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: 5 years Address - MN1 Form

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:53 pm

Answer Yes, provide your address history, and explain in a cover note.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.