ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What if my husband leaves me?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yillan
Newly Registered

What if my husband leaves me?

Post by yillan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:06 am

I am not an EU resident and am in Germany because my husband moved here from Spain. I'm worried about my situation. I don't think my husband will leave me, but if he does what will my situation be? We have a child so I think I will be OK, but he is just a baby and has not been enrolled in any school as I think is required for me to stay. I have only been here for 13 months

What would happen? Thank you

samsadeniz
Newly Registered

Post by samsadeniz » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:45 pm

I'm guessing your husband is spanish. which makes you the mother of a spanish baby. what kind visa you have on your passport? where did you get married?

yillan
Newly Registered

Post by yillan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:51 pm

We married in Mexico where I am from. So I would be able to stay because of my baby? Why?

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:56 am

You need immediate advice from a good German immigration lawyer.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Re: What if my husband leaves me?

Post by MAKUSA » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:18 am

yillan wrote:I am not an EU resident and am in Germany because my husband moved here from Spain. I'm worried about my situation. I don't think my husband will leave me, but if he does what will my situation be? We have a child so I think I will be OK, but he is just a baby and has not been enrolled in any school as I think is required for me to stay. I have only been here for 13 months

What would happen? Thank you
Why would he leave you? is he abusive (verbally or physically) or are you unhappy with him.

samsadeniz
Newly Registered

Post by samsadeniz » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:28 pm

Who issued your visa??
is it permanent or temporary?
according to logic if u have permanent visa no one can take it away from you(divorce)
spanish consulate in mexico?
is your son registered? (birth certificate etc)

If you have the chance move to spain for a couple of years and get a citizenship or permanent residency.

you should contact a spanish immigration lawyer than you should contact a german one.

yillan
Newly Registered

Post by yillan » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:32 am

samsadeniz wrote:Who issued your visa??
is it permanent or temporary?
according to logic if u have permanent visa no one can take it away from you(divorce)
spanish consulate in mexico?
is your son registered? (birth certificate etc)

If you have the chance move to spain for a couple of years and get a citizenship or permanent residency.

you should contact a spanish immigration lawyer than you should contact a german one.
Its temporary. I will stay here until my husband leaves. I have only been here one year. I will be permanent if i stay for 4 more. My son is registered as Spanish baby born in germany.

We cannot move to Spain. I only am able to live here from mexico because my husband has moved and he was allowed to bring his family (me) with him