ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switching from skilled worker visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

swopneel
Newly Registered
India

switching from skilled worker visa

Post by swopneel » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:15 am

Hello Folks,
I have submitted the application for skilled worker visa dependent; I have applied by switching from skilled worker visa to skilled worker dependent and waiting for the decision now; However my previous skilled worker visa is still valid.
Could I resign from my current sponsor and work as a dependent visa holder while application is in still in process without decision?

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: switching from skilled worker visa

Post by lolo2 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:59 am

You only can work for your current employer who is sponsoring the SW visa.

If you resign you need to wait until the new SW dependant visa is approved to work elsewhere. You cannot work for another employer while this application is pending.

Also note that with this change from SW main applicant to SW dependant the clock will reset to zero if you wish to apply for ILR under this route in the future.

swopneel
Newly Registered
India

Post by swopneel » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:01 pm

Could I resign while waiting for the decision? While they make the decision, would they consider about my current employer's payroll is getting paid or not?

As I might not get paid once resigned.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:10 pm

You can resign and serve your notice. This has no impact on the dependent visa application.

Just remember once you leave your skilled worker sponsored job, you are unable to do any work until you get your dependent visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.