ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set M rejected as incorrect form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix

kandavelsub
Newly Registered
India

ILR Set M rejected as incorrect form

Post by kandavelsub » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:55 pm

Dear Moderators,

I have a similar situation with my wife ILR application. We incorrectly applied using Set (M) instead of Set (O). Got an update now from Home Office and they offered a chance to resubmit a new application. I am planning to resubmit a new application on Set (O). I have few questions in general and while filling the new application form.

1. Whether the 3c leave will continue to cover ? As the new application that I am going to submit for my wife is after her current Tier 2 dependent visa end date.
2. In the application form, "The person you are joining or accompanying" section - I believe I need to enter my (Tier 2 main applicant, now in ILR) details. Is this correct ?
3. In the application form, "Was there a reason beyond your control why you did not apply before your visa or leave to remain expired?" - Yes / No ? If I choose yes, what justification I can give in this scenario. Shall I state the original incorrect application applied under Set (M) was within the VISA end date and now reapplying under Set (O) ?
4. In the application form, "Do you or anyone else who is part of this application receive any public funds?" - My wife didn't get any public funds. But I started to get child benefit after my ILR. In this case, should I need to mention as No, since my wife didn't get any public funds ?

Please help with answers to my above questions. Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Set M rejected as incorrect form

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:41 am

1. Yes, this application will be a variation of the previous one
2. Correct
3. Just say a variation of leave
4. No since you are not part of the application
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kandavelsub
Newly Registered
India

Post by kandavelsub » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:48 pm

Thanks for the above answers. That was really helpful.

I have further more questions. In my situation, I'm working and financially supporting my wife since she is not working. She has an individual bank account, but no recent transactions or money inputs. The only document where I and my wife jointly mentioned is the council bill. The broadband bill is on her name. The Rental agreement and utility bills are on my name.

So my question is with respect to the Consent form. There are three parts in it.

Part 1: Consent for the Home Office to verify application information - Hope my wife needs to fill and sign this one ?

Part 2: Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information
Part 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor
Hope Part 2 and Part 3 needs to be filled by me with my signature ?

Please confirm. Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:16 am

Part 1 is signed by her and part 2 is signed by you, ignore part 3
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kandavelsub
Newly Registered
India

Post by kandavelsub » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:25 pm

Thanks. In which case the part 3 will be signed ?

Since my wife is not working, am I not the financial sponsor to her ?

In the application I answered as Yes for part 3, based on this assumption. So on a safer side, shall I sign part 3 as well. Please advise. Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:08 am

kandavelsub wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:25 pm
Thanks. In which case the part 3 will be signed ?

Since my wife is not working, am I not the financial sponsor to her ?

In the application I answered as Yes for part 3, based on this assumption. So on a safer side, shall I sign part 3 as well. Please advise. Thanks
You are not a third party. It is not relevant to your route

kandavelsub
Newly Registered
India

Post by kandavelsub » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:02 pm

Sorry, I'm not clear.

As you say it is third party not relevant to me, then the part 2 is also to verify the third party information. How this is relevant and not part 3 ?

Part 2: Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:22 pm

Part 3 refers to a third party Sponsor, which is not relevant to you.

Part 2 is relevant due to the documenta ypu are submitting.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kandavelsub
Newly Registered
India

Post by kandavelsub » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:59 pm

Ok. In the submitted application, I answered as 'Yes' for Part 3. How can I get this updated in the submitted application ? Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:06 pm

kandavelsub wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:59 pm
Ok. In the submitted application, I answered as 'Yes' for Part 3. How can I get this updated in the submitted application ? Thanks
You do not need to do anything

kandavelsub
Newly Registered
India

Post by kandavelsub » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:13 pm

Hi Mods,

In the list of documents to be uploaded, I have the query on the following

Declaration signed by me to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks

Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on me for joint accounts or third party support

Is this the part 2 of the consent form that has to be signed by me and uploaded in both the places ? or is there a separate declaration form ?

Hope this is not the declaration form for Set(O) application - https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... ration.pdf

What are the cohabitation documents that I need to upload ? Is the following sufficient
1. Marriage certificate
2. Council bill with both of our names for past 4 years
3. One letter/post received each for me and my wife on all the previous address for the past 5 years
4. One Bank statement each for me and my wife on all the previous addresses for the past 5 years
5. My last 3 months payslips and bank statements

Anything else needed, please advise.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:45 am