ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is my wife accessing public funds if she didn't pay for her NHS prescription when she is pregnant?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

myself1999
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Is my wife accessing public funds if she didn't pay for her NHS prescription when she is pregnant?

Post by myself1999 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:53 pm

My wife is on skilled worker dependent visa. She was told she didn't need to pay for her NHS prescription in a pharmacy because she is pregnant. She still paid it as she worried this will be regarded as accessing public fund.

May I ask if this is regarded as accessing public fund? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is my wife accessing public funds if she didn't pay for her NHS prescription when she is pregnant?

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:01 pm

It is NOT public funds. She doesn't have to pay if she is pregnant. This is normal for everyone, regardless of visa status.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.