ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension refusal notification after current visas expiry

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhijack

Extension refusal notification after current visas expiry

Post by abhijack » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:02 am

One of my friends applied for extension under Tier 1 General. Previously he was on HSMP..

Now the expiry date of his current HSMP is today..

he is still waiting to hear regarding extension application..

What will be the scenario if his extension application gets rejected for some silly reason...
Can he stay in UK to appeal? Or will that be considered as overstaying/ illegal?

Thanks for ideas..
Last edited by abhijack on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

gradkg
Newly Registered

Post by gradkg » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:08 pm

I guess you can stay back and appeal if you were given a chance. You cannot re apply if you don't have a valid visa to remain in the country.

This is what bothers me. I checked with HO when is the earliest I could apply. Their response was "4-5 weeks before your visa expiry". Though I had a need to fly out of the country for personal reasons, I cancelled all my programs.

When did your friend apply .
Last edited by gradkg on Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Re: Extension refusal notification after current visas expir

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:23 pm

abhijack wrote:What will be the scenario if his extension application gets rejected for some silly reason...
Can he stay in UK to appeal?
Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:04 pm

gradkg wrote:I guess you can stay back and appeal if you were given a chance. You cannot re apply if you don't have a valid visa to remain in the country.

This is what bothers me. I checked with HO when is the earliest I could apply. Their response was "4-5 weeks before your visa expiry". Though I had a need to fly out of the country for personal reasons, I cancelled all my programs.

When did your friend apply . On an average it takes 3 weeks to get a response on extension app.
Hello gradkg.

I hope you're right. May I just ask where you got the bit of information regarding the average processing time for extensions?