ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home inspection Report for Spouse VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hummy
Newly Registered

Home inspection Report for Spouse VISA

Post by hummy » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:51 pm

Hi,

Can someone advise me where i can get a home inspection report for the purposes of my wifes visa.
I live with my parents in a 3 bedroom house and wanting to get the application off and this is the final thing that remains to be completed.

I rang the local council which is where i was advised might be best to get the report from but they have advised me they do not do such reports.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Hummy

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:17 pm

Try your local Council Housing Dept. If not get an estate agent. In both circumstances you have to pay anything between £75 - £150.

If you dont want to do above , you can do it by yourself by taking photographs of the house, its rooms along with measurments. This sometime suffices for EC purposes

hummy
Newly Registered

Post by hummy » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:38 pm

i tried the council and thy said they don't this service anymore.
If it is ok to do it myself i will do so and save myself some money. The thing is my spouse is coming from bangladesh and i'm not sure if the visa office there will accept home photographs.

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:03 pm

Any estate agent will happily do it for you... My boss does lol

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:22 am

tried the council and thy said they don't this service anymore.
If it is ok to do it myself i will do so and save myself some money. The thing is my spouse is coming from bangladesh and i'm not sure if the visa office there will accept home photographs.
If you read similar cases to your here, you will find that a few people have done it themselves and sent it with application and have succeeded in getting visa.

I dont think it should be a problem, but it it is better coming from someone independent of you as the ECO is more likely to believe that. Like I say try and estate agent, and if still no luck, then do it yourself. If you do it yourself make sure you read this article or overcrowding to ensure that you do meet the requirements

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=6227

scorpiolady
United Kingdom

Post by scorpiolady » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:55 pm

I got mine from my local Environmental Health Department who do reports specifically for immigration purposes. it cost me £59
Last edited by scorpiolady on Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scorpiolady

hummy
Newly Registered

Post by hummy » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:55 pm

I'm advised (from people that have applied for spouse visas though Bangladesh) that getting a report from an independent company is best rather than doing it yourself. So this morning i rang up about 6 health & safety companies as well as 5 local estate agents and not a single one had ever heard of such a thing. So i am now back to square one and would be great if someone could tell me a company that does this sort of thing and is able to help.

amserve

Post by amserve » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:15 pm

Where are you based ? I may be able to recommend good reasonably priced company. Check your inbox i have sent private message

hummy
Newly Registered

Post by hummy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:19 pm

i'm based down south near Heathrow.

global_property
Newly Registered

Post by global_property » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:15 pm

From the nearest local Council Housing Dept.

salter45
Newly Registered

Post by salter45 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:07 pm

I just submitted estate agent's details from when I purchased my property, and this seemed sufficient.

hope10
Newly Registered

Post by hope10 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:19 pm

I am too getting an immigration inspection done by the Environmental Health officer from the local council. When I first contacted my local council they told me too that they didi not do this sort of thing. Have you tried asking the council to speak to Property Inspections Team or Housing services?

moe07
Newly Registered

Re: Home inspection Report for Spouse VISA

Post by moe07 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:33 pm

hi

i applied for uk for uk spouse visa on july 2012 and it was refused because the house was overcrowded and its was my fault because i didint bring the house inspection report.
now im doing new application in april and i have the house report and its good
it say that if came the house will be not overcrowded.
my question is:

if the house report is good i dont have to worry about the accomodation problem anymore rite?

thanks

bigphil
Mood:
England

Post by bigphil » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:29 pm

Make sure you get a report done by a registered estate agent, preferably on the list of immigration housing inspectors that will be provided by your local council, it should not cost anymore than £40-70.

The report must outline the measurements of each room and the people living in the house. The amount of room space will be divided between the occupants and a calculation made to determine if it will be overcrowded.

As far as I'm aware, the k.i.t.c.h.e.n and living rooms are also counted as occupiable space but I would not leave that to chance :)

Lauren J King
Newly Registered

Post by Lauren J King » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:40 pm

Be very careful, make sure they person has a good degree - building related.

Estate agents have no qualifications and your application WILL BE RETURNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigphil
Mood:
England

Post by bigphil » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:49 pm

Lauren J King wrote:Be very careful, make sure they person has a good degree - building related.

Estate agents have no qualifications and your application WILL BE RETURNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A council listed Estate Agent on the immigration list will suffice, there's no need to go anywhere else. Degree or no degree.