ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application for Wife and Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR Other and Financial Requirements -- Urgent

Post by klownking » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:34 am

This is for a friend of mine.

He is a barber and has his own shop. He is a British national and his wife is from Pakistan. He will apply for her ILR as she will complete her 5 years in March 2024.

Could anyone please tell me what should be the financial requirements for him? Can he also show that he is working there?

What other documents does he need to apply for her ILR?

His wife does not work.

any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Other and Financial Requirements -- Urgent

Post by Ticktack » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:26 pm

klownking wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:34 am
This is for a friend of mine.

He is a barber and has his own shop. He is a British national and his wife is from Pakistan. He will apply for her ILR as she will complete her 5 years in March 2024.

Could anyone please tell me what should be the financial requirements for him? Can he also show that he is working there?

What other documents does he need to apply for her ILR?

His wife does not work.

any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
As of today, the financial requirements he's been meeting to get her to this level hasn't changed. So your friend already has the answer to his question.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:25 pm

@Ticktack, Thank you for your reply. To be very honest, none of us have any idea what is the figure we have to show and what documents are required. Someone said you have to show the earnings of £18600 same as the employed person. I know if we apply next year then it will be the new figure.

Also, I think I posted it on the wrong topic... I think it should be under the Indefinite Leave to Remain Forum and not in the Immigration for family members. Admins, please move it.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:42 pm

klownking wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:25 pm
Ticktack, Thank you for your reply. To be very honest, none of us have any idea what is the figure we have to show and what documents are required. Someone said you have to show the earnings of £18600 same as the employed person. I know if we apply next year then it will be the new figure.

Also, I think I posted it on the wrong topic... I think it should be under the Indefinite Leave to Remain Forum and not in the Immigration for family members. Admins, please move it.
There is an official guide on this which tells you all you need to know: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf

For self-employed people, you should look at the category F or G route. This is covered under the section titled 'Self-employment or Director or employee of a specified limited company in the UK'
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice