ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply schengen visa with BRP

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

t2ictquery

Apply schengen visa with BRP

Post by t2ictquery » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:52 pm

Hi,
I'm currently a Skilled Worker Visa holder, and wanted to apply schengen visa for a business travel. However in the application it required to provide the Residence permit or equivalent number and the validity date.

For the BRP that I hold currenly will expire in 31 dec 2024 (I hope that's the case for all BRPs), So my question is what would be the "Valid Until" date of my resident permit, BRP expiry date or VISA expiry date?
Also what happen if I need to provide these details later than 31 Dec 2024.

Thanks in advance!

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Apply schengen visa with BRP

Post by Angel99 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:36 pm

t2ictquery wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:52 pm
Hi,
I'm currently a Skilled Worker Visa holder, and wanted to apply schengen visa for a business travel. However in the application it required to provide the Residence permit or equivalent number and the validity date.

For the BRP that I hold currenly will expire in 31 dec 2024 (I hope that's the case for all BRPs), So my question is what would be the "Valid Until" date of my resident permit, BRP expiry date or VISA expiry date?
Also what happen if I need to provide these details later than 31 Dec 2024.

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

The valid until is 31 Dec 2024 since that's your prove of residence now. After this date you can prove your residency by providing your share code with UKIV account.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:43 pm

All BRPs will be phased out on 31/12/2024.

The valid until is the expiry date on the BRP, as this is the document used by someone residing in the UK with a visa to re-enter the country - when travelling abroad.

More instructions on how the new electronic system will operate should be available soon, but it's expected to start in 2025. Future travellers subject to immigration control will no longer require to hold a BRP card.

t2ictquery

Post by t2ictquery » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:24 pm

Thanks all for the reply.
So to confirm my Resident permit will be my BRP card number and the expiry date would be 31 Dec 2014.

One question around share code, I could see the only options that available now are, code for work and code for rent, I could not see anything to prove for the residency. (I might be missing something)

Also just wondering if one of the VISA requirement is to have a document (in this case BRP) which reqires 'X' number of days/months before expiry, what should we do (in case we approching 31 Dec 2024).

Hopefully we should have a clarity by the end of this year by home office.

Thanks in advance!

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:48 pm

t2ictquery wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:24 pm
So to confirm my Resident permit will be my BRP card number and the expiry date would be 31 Dec 2014.
Correct, 31 Dec 2024.
t2ictquery wrote:
One question around share code, I could see the only options that available now are, code for work and code for rent, I could not see anything to prove for the residency. (I might be missing something)
The share code obtained online is used to prove your right to work or rent in the UK, it has nothing to do with travelling.

UKVI is still due to inform details on how this will work.
You will not need a BRP from 1 January 2025. You’ll be able to prove your immigration status online, without a BRP.

UKVI will update their information on how to prove your immigration status in early 2024. You do not need to do anything and your immigration status will not be affected.
The information and instructions eventually will come out, there is no need to worry about this.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:33 pm

t2ictquery wrote:
Thanks all for the reply.

Also just wondering if one of the VISA requirement is to have a document (in this case BRP) which reqires 'X' number of days/months before expiry, what should we do (in case we approching 31 Dec 2024).

Hopefully we should have a clarity by the end of this year by home office.

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

The share code is your proof of residence. In your case you have to choose the 'work' option. From 2025 you will only use the share code as your BRP.

The X number of days for your BRP is the days or months left for it to expire.

When you travel print out the share code. Your legal status is linked to your passport so when you travel you will only need the share code and your passport.

Of course some airlines are not familiar with it yet but the major airlines are.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:36 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:48 pm
t2ictquery wrote:
Correct, 31 Dec 2024.
t2ictquery wrote:
The share code obtained online is used to prove your right to work or rent in the UK, it has nothing to do with travelling.

UKVI is still due to inform details on how this will work.
You will not need a BRP from 1 January 2025. You’ll be able to prove your immigration status online, without a BRP.

UKVI will update their information on how to prove your immigration status in early 2024. You do not need to do anything and your immigration status will not be affected.
The information and instructions eventually will come out, there is no need to worry about this.

You are wrong. You use the share code to proof your right to be in UK and when entering UK from abroad. It is linked to your passport