ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New born child status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nauman1515
Newly Registered
Pakistan

New born child status

Post by Nauman1515 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:30 am

I am a non eu my divorce is done with my EEA sponser i having a baby from my New partner he is also non eu and study in uk .i holding pre settled status can i apply for my baby same status of my?will my baby get pre settled status? I am very worried about it ? Or there is any otherway baby can get any status on my behalf? We both are in uk and baby born here in uk
Thank you

secret.simon

Re: New born child status

Post by secret.simon » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:46 am

Nauman1515 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:30 am
I am a non eu my divorce is done with my EEA sponser
If you have split from your EEA partner, any status under the Appendix EU held by you is purely personal to you and not inheritable. To the best of my knowledge, the child is not eligible for Pre-Settled Status.

The child should apply for a visa in line with the second/less-privileged parent (in this case, the student).

As the child is born in the UK, they will be entitled to register as a British citizen directly when either parent (quite likely you) gets Settled Status.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Nauman1515
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: New born child status

Post by Nauman1515 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:09 am

Ok sir thank you