ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 EuFam + Retention + Non eu with long term residency

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

polyannalima
Newly Registered
Brazil

Stamp 4 EuFam + Retention + Non eu with long term residency

Post by polyannalima » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:04 pm

My name is Poly(Brazilian) and I was married for 7 years with Eu (Spanish). we got divorced last year in Ireland and I got the approval for retaining the rights to residence in the state (Ireland) under the European community (free movement of person). I used the eu treaty right form EUTR5.

I curent hold a long term residency card valid until 2033. This card is the same that I used before when I was married.
When I applied for retention eutr5, I only got a letter from the minister of justice saying that I can retain it. the card shows the type of permit that is stamp 4 eufam.

I got married last week in Brazil, and my new husband is brazilian. We are not part of the eurepean comunity and the only thing that I have is the retention of my right to live in ireland.

I wonder if it is possible to bring him here to live with me, Is this possible?

The citizen information officer sayid that my stamp don't allow it and I wonder what option I have, if he wants to live in here with me.

AlmostIrish_111
Ireland

Re: Stamp 4 EuFam + Retention + Non eu with long term residency

Post by AlmostIrish_111 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:54 am

Well, the visa you have is still stamp 4 EUFAM, correct?
So from what the Department's website, and Citizen's information website, you can't sponsor anyone's visa.

Your two best options would be to contact a solicitor and listen to the legal advise, and second would be for your spouse to get a visa on his own either through general employment permit or critical skills.

polyannalima
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by polyannalima » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:51 pm

Thanks AlmostIrish_111.
Yes, it is. I current have a stamp 4 EUFam with long term residence permission (10 years) that I renewed with the form EUTR 3.

I just applied for my citizenship, so I will tell him to wait for this or come to Ireland on the study visa.

Ranvisha298
Newly Registered
Bhutan

Post by Ranvisha298 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:17 pm

Hi, I am in same situation. My permanent residency got approved and it is valid until 2033. Could you please let me know how did you renew your IRP card, i am trying to do it online and after submission it is asking me to pay 300 euro but stamp 4 eu fam card holders are exempt of this fees. I have visited office as well but they told me i have to do it online. Could you please let me know how did you renew it. Thank you in advance

Corw
United Kingdom

Post by Corw » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:00 pm

Ranvisha298 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:17 pm
Hi, I am in same situation. My permanent residency got approved and it is valid until 2033. Could you please let me know how did you renew your IRP card, i am trying to do it online and after submission it is asking me to pay 300 euro but stamp 4 eu fam card holders are exempt of this fees. I have visited office as well but they told me i have to do it online. Could you please let me know how did you renew it. Thank you in advance
Hi Ranvisha
Can you please share timeline for your EUTR3 application?
How long did it take to approve your final decision?
Did they ask additional documents meanwhile?

Ranvisha298
Newly Registered
Bhutan

Post by Ranvisha298 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:17 pm

Hello,
My application was reached in office on 26/09/2023 and i got my approval on 6/12/2023. I applied for retention after divorce which was approved so there was not much documentation i have sent, no they didn’t ask me any further documents.