ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR DV 3 Years Married/UK - Can I Apply Immediatly

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tinkotinko
Newly Registered
Ghana

ILR DV 3 Years Married/UK - Can I Apply Immediatly

Post by tinkotinko » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:12 pm

I have just received my ILR DV last month which is SET (DV) and I have been married to a British for 3 years and living in the UK for 3 years. Can I apply for British Citizenship immediately? We are not officially divorced yet as we are still legally married.

meself2
Ireland

Re: ILR DV 3 Years Married/UK - Can I Apply Immediatly

Post by meself2 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:59 pm

AFAIK you need to get a copy of your spouse passport and/or the signature - how are you planning to obtain that?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

tinkotinko
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by tinkotinko » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:15 pm

Justtmee29
United Kingdom

Post by Justtmee29 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:48 am

tinkotinko wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:12 pm
I have just received my ILR DV last month which is SET (DV) and I have been married to a British for 3 years and living in the UK for 3 years. Can I apply for British Citizenship immediately? We are not officially divorced yet as we are still legally married.
Hi when did you apply for your set dv please?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:08 am

tinkotinko wrote:
If you comply will all requirements then in principle yes. Clearly you need to provide spouse details/documents.
Otherwise you will need to go the five year route (i.e. not spouse of BC).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:07 pm

tinkotinko wrote:
You need to provide copy of your spouse's British passport, marriage certificate and address - if you have these details you can apply.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:19 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:07 pm
tinkotinko wrote:
You need to provide copy of your spouse's British passport, marriage certificate and address - if you have these details you can apply.
If the spouse would cooperate. The OP needs a copy of all pages of spouse's passport. That would be tricky to get.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!