ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Loveteddybear
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Skilled worker to ILR

Post by Loveteddybear » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:47 pm

Hi, here is a summary of my case, hope someone can help, thank you!

My T2 visa was granted on 24 January 2021 and I arrived UK on 25 March 2021.

Due to the impact of the Covid-19, my employer had postponed my employment effective date to July.

Then I changed my job in September as a skilled worker in another company. My employer sponsored me from 20 September 2021 for 5 years until 20 September 2026.

Is 28 December 2025 the earliest date to apply ILR? Will it be any impact to the ILR because my previous employer delayed the effective working day? Do I need to explain to Home Office when I apply ILR?

Thank you for your help!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Skilled worker to ILR

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:04 am

The starting date does not matter. For ILR the qualifying period that is counted is the period you held valid visa
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Loveteddybear
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by Loveteddybear » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:48 am

zimba wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:04 am
The starting date does not matter. For ILR the qualifying period that is counted is the period you held valid visa
Thank you for your reply.
So my earliest day to apply ILR should be 28 December 2025, right?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:57 am

Yes
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice