ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ask someone to confirm your identity - child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samory
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Ask someone to confirm your identity - child

Post by samory » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:30 pm

Hi

I applied for a British passport for my 4 years old son and now the application need someone to confirm my son's identity. Can I ask please if I don't know anyone that knows my son from the Recognised professions list here:
https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/hel ... g-identity
?

I can try a nurse or social worker, but my experience with the Citizenship application suggest they won't or rarely help !

Can a Driving instructor works, I can't see that listed.

Many thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Ask someone to confirm your identity - child

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:58 pm

Issue that is well known to UKVI. Find a family friend that is on the recognised list of professions that knows your child, maybe ask the professional referee that helped you with citizenship.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

samory
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by samory » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:03 am

Thanks but the issue with this, for example, the Citizenship application accepts driving instructor but the passport application not?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:50 pm

I think the list of professions is the same.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.