ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP! 2 months to ILR and layoff

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

avanthikausha
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Working for non-sponsor during curtailment

Post by avanthikausha » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:51 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for switching into a new job as one of my coworker is really horrible. I'm eligible for ILR in June, I was wondering if I can give my notice in now which is 2 months and join a company during curtailment who cannot offer me visa. This is a great opportunity with good pay as well. Would that still count as work for my ILR?

Thanks.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Working for non-sponsor during curtailment

Post by meself2 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:56 pm

avanthikausha wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:51 pm
and join a company during curtailment who cannot offer me visa.
You cannot work for anyone but your sponsor until your ILR is approved.
Also you need to supply a letter from your employer that sponsors you which states you're needed "for foreseeable future" to apply for ILR through Skilled Worker route; how would you achieve that if you've resigned?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

avanthikausha
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

HELP! 2 months to ILR and layoff

Post by avanthikausha » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:21 pm

HI,

I have a baby here with a UK born British citizen. My daughter was born in the UK too. I can apply for my ILR on 7th May (tier 2 work visa) but unfortunately my job may get redundant before that. Is there anyway I could get ILR considering I'm almost there? Should I switch to parent visa and do another 5 years?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: HELP! 2 months to ILR and layoff

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:23 pm

What visa do you hold as your other question in February was posted in the Skilled Worker Visa sub forum???

uk-skilled-worker-visas/working-for-non ... l#p2151552
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

avanthikausha
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by avanthikausha » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:25 pm

Hi, I'm currently on General Tier 2 visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:30 pm

1. So in February you wanted to resign because of a 'horrible colleague', which could have been addressed through HR.

2. Now you are saying you are at risk of being made redundant, less than a month after you said you want to resign.

3. You CANNOT get ILR on your visa if you do NOT work for your sponsoring employer at the time of ILR and 'for the foreseeable future', you need a letter stating this.

4. You can apply to switch to another employer who is willing to sponsor you on a Skilled Worker visa, get a visa approved, work for the new employer until you qualify for ILR and then that is it.

5. Having a British child makes absolutely no difference to the visa route you are on and doesn't give you any advantages.
Is there anyway I could get ILR considering I'm almost there?

No.
Should I switch to parent visa and do another 5 years?
That is your choice if you want to do that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

avanthikausha
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by avanthikausha » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:36 pm

Thanks :) I resolved my situation with HR and now the company is not doing financially well - we had a meeting since we are close to financial year end, therefore they are looking into redundancies (the colleagues are now gone, we are all stressed). I'm looking for immigration advice, not a investigation on my posts.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:38 pm

I'm looking for immigration advice,

Can be given if you are honest and post the detail. Vague posts are not helpful. We are all unpaid volunteers on the forum!
not a investigation on my posts.
We search older posts to gain an understanding of a person's immigration and questions history!!! We often find discrepancies in what is posted at different times.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

blondesafari

Post by blondesafari » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:28 am

avanthikausha wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:36 pm
Thanks :) I resolved my situation with HR and now the company is not doing financially well - we had a meeting since we are close to financial year end, therefore they are looking into redundancies (the colleagues are now gone, we are all stressed). I'm looking for immigration advice, not a investigation on my posts.
Wow, don’t be so rude to unpaid volunteers who give invaluable advice. Be kind and grateful.