ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chinese spouse on arrival at the UK border

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

djsteele888
Newly Registered

Chinese spouse on arrival at the UK border

Post by djsteele888 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:11 pm

My Chinese wife will travel to the UK and enter on her settlement visa. She has never been to the UK before and intends to stay more than 6months.

I think she will have to undergo a medical examination on arrival and perhaps show medical documents. But I am unable to find any clear instruction as to what she will have to go through at the UK border.

I will travel with her from China to the UK and we will arrive around 9pm at our destination airport. I am worried there will be no medical examiner present at this time and she will have to wait somewhere in the airport by herself until the morning.

She is 26 and in good health. I have no doubt she will pass any and all requirements however I want to clarify exactly what is expected at the border and how we can prepare to make the process more efficient and convenient after a long flight.

Any advice, knowledge or first hand experience is welcome.
Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:47 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

UKBAbble

Re: Chinese spouse on arrival at the UK border

Post by UKBAbble » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:26 pm

djsteele888 wrote:I will travel with her from China to the UK and we will arrive around 9pm at our destination airport. I am worried there will be no medical examiner present at this time and she will have to wait somewhere in the airport by herself until the morning.
Don't worry. There is a doctor on duty until the last flight clears.

djsteele888
Newly Registered

TB certificate?

Post by djsteele888 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:41 am

Thank you for the reassurance. I think the checks should be minimal and as long as she has the basics ie. passport, visa and visa application documents (if required).

However I have been checking the UKBA website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/trave ... eaorswiss/

Does my Chinese wife need the TB certificate? She doesn't have TB. I can't tell if the TB certificate is for people who do or don't have TB!
Also China is not on the list of countries where people should be tested beforehand, so does this mean my wife does not have to be medically examined before departure? If she does.. then who by?!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:51 am

If she is not carrying a recent chest X-ray nor a TB certificate in her hand lugguage, then she may be X-rayed at the airport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.