ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarding travelling whilst on marriage visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hannah27

Question regarding travelling whilst on marriage visa

Post by hannah27 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi Everyone this forum was invaluable to me when i was applying for my husbands visa, so hoping u can help me now with a smaller question!

My husband got his visa at the end of November 2007 so it runs out this year in November, we want to go away to Dominican Republic sometime this year but i was just wondering whether he has to have a certain amount of time on his visa to travel, ie. if we go away in October will it matter that his visa will run out in 1 months time? Or do different countries have different requirements?

Hope this makes sense

THanks in advance

Hannah

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:46 pm

As long as he has a visa (if required) for where ever you go and there is six months left on his passport he should be fine in the majority of the world.

Best to check what his visa status is for whatever country you are going to.

Remember he can apply for ILR up to 28 days before his spouse visa expires. So if you are going away make sure you are back before the visa expires and that you are ready to submit the ILR application when you return. Suggest you prepare it before you go considering the short time you will have after returning from holiday.