ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Validity of Tier 2 visa after quitting the job

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukb257
Newly Registered

Validity of Tier 2 visa after quitting the job

Post by ukb257 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:12 am

Hi,

My cousin who was on TIER 2 visa had quit her job (last working day is 5th Oct 2023) and left UK on 26th Oct 2023. She now wants to come and visit us on tourist visa.

Her Tier 2 visa lasts until 2025 i.e. that is the expiry date on the Biometric card, now that she wants to visit us there are few questions

1. I am sure the Tier 2 visa would be cancelled since she quit her job, but for applying tourist visa will there be any impact?
2. Does she need to submit any other supporting documentation for tourist visa?

Any help would be much appreciated in this regard.

Many Thanks,
Uday

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Validity of Tier 2 visa after quitting the job

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:39 pm

Requirements to be met for visit visas are clearly stated.

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor/app ... sitor-visa

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Validity of Tier 2 visa after quitting the job

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:11 pm

Despite it being a few months since she has quit her job it is unlikely her visa has been cancelled HOWEVER once she applies for a visit visa the Home Office will cancel ( if not already done so) the skilled worker visa.