ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT HELP REQUIRED!!!!!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nim23
Newly Registered
India

URGENT HELP REQUIRED!!!!!

Post by nim23 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:46 pm

Hi
I recently completed masters here in the UK. I was expected to complete my studies in September 2023, but unfortunately, I had to re-sit a module and hence completed my studies in December 2023. As my visa got expired in January, after consulting a solicitor, I applied for fee waiver in order to get enough time till I receive my results and then to apply for graduate visa. I received my result on last Thursday. When I contacted the University to enquire about the graduate visa, they said I should only apply for the visa after they inform the home office that I successfully completed my studies. They also mentioned that they will only report the students who has a valid student visa at the time of reporting. This made me really worried as I don't hold a valid visa, even though I can stay legally here. Then I contacted the solicitor who applied fee waiver for me. He said I can apply for graduate visa even if my University do not report me to the home office. He also said that he will help me to apply for the visa with paying him a fee. Unfortunately, currently I don't have any job due to visa status and whatever money I left with me is only for the visa application.
So, I request any help from people who went through the same situation. Is the graduate route visa application can be done by ourselves as an applicant of fee waiver? My solicitor told me I need to vary the FLR application and then apply for graduate route. I don't understand what that really means. Is there any additional procedure to complete before applying for graduate route visa?
Is there anyone here who applied for graduate visa by themselves after applying for a fee waiver?
PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: URGENT HELP REQUIRED!!!!!

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:32 pm

Graduate Visa Eligibility
You can apply for a Graduate visa if all of the following are true:

you’re in the UK
your current visa is a Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
you studied a UK bachelor’s degree, postgraduate degree or other eligible course for a minimum period of time with your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
your education provider (such as your university or college) has told the Home Office you’ve successfully completed your course
You can ask your education provider if you’re not sure whether they’ve told the Home Office you’ve successfully completed your course.

Check if your course is eligible and how long you need to have studied in the UK.

If you’re not eligible for a Graduate visa, you may be eligible for another type of visa to stay in the UK.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 pm

Bluntly your solicitor is talking absolute nonsense. If your education provider does not inform the Home Office that you have completed your studies successfully then you have no access to a graduate visa. AND you are no longer on a student visa you can’t apply regardless of what the education provider does.

nim23
Newly Registered
India

Post by nim23 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:54 pm

hi,
Thank you for your response. But I saw people in my situation who applied for fee waiver and then after receiving the result, applied for graduate visa and got the visa here on this platform. That is the reason why I joined this platform today thinking that someone can help me.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:16 pm

You might want to quote the posts and ensure your circumstances are exactly the same and that the current rules today were the same as the time of the other posts.
The eligibility rules are clear and unambiguous, your circumstances measured against the rules do not meet the requirements.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:30 am

nim23 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:54 pm
hi,
Thank you for your response. But I saw people in my situation who applied for fee waiver and then after receiving the result, applied for graduate visa and got the visa here on this platform.

Did you apply for a fee waiver or for FLR (Further Leave to Remain)? If the former, then you should wait until the fee waiver decision. If the later (i.e. you had paid the fees with the in-time FLR application), then you may vary the FLR application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nim23
Newly Registered
India

Post by nim23 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:15 pm

Hi,
I applied for a fee waiver.
So, should I wait till I get a decision on the fee waiver application to apply for the graduate route visa?
Thank you in advance

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:34 pm

Just confirming that the fee waiver was applied for after your student visa expired?

nim23
Newly Registered
India

Post by nim23 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:48 am

Did you mean whether I applied for the fee waiver after my student visa got expired? If so, NO. I applied before my visa got expired.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:08 am

nim23 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:46 pm
As my visa got expired in January, after consulting a solicitor, I applied for fee waiver in order to get enough time till I receive my results and then to apply for graduate visa.
I don't see how you are eligible for a fee waiver. It is only for people preparing certain types of application, and it is a statement that you are pretty much destitute.

https://www.gov.uk/visa-fee-waiver-in-uk

See also
https://ukcisa.org.uk/studentnews/2032/ ... uate-route

You should have extended your Student visa for the resit, giving you permission until the new end date + 4 months.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

EliFabregas
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by EliFabregas » Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:10 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:08 am
nim23 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:46 pm
As my visa got expired in January, after consulting a solicitor, I applied for fee waiver in order to get enough time till I receive my results and then to apply for graduate visa.
I don't see how you are eligible for a fee waiver. It is only for people preparing certain types of application, and it is a statement that you are pretty much destitute.

https://www.gov.uk/visa-fee-waiver-in-uk

See also
https://ukcisa.org.uk/studentnews/2032/ ... uate-route

You should have extended your Student visa for the resit, giving you permission until the new end date + 4 months.
please my fee waiver was successful. how would i use it for my graduate visa

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:58 pm

EliFabregas wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:10 pm
please my fee waiver was successful. how would i use it for my graduate visa
You can't.

Fee waivers are for those making human rights applications, when the applicant is destitute. There is some room to use a fee waiver to buy time before making a different type of application, but only if you can apply before the fee waiver is decided. Even then, making the new application will highlight that you were never destitute and never had any intention to make a human rights based application. In other words, that you have used deception.

As it says in the UKCISA news story I linked to

When someone applies for a fee waiver, they must state that they intend to make a human rights application and they must provide evidence that they cannot afford the immigration application fee and/or the immigration health charge.

Therefore, if you make a fee waiver application stating that you cannot afford to apply, and then you apply for Graduate or Student permission (which requires an application fee), the Home Office will likely refuse your application on the grounds of deception.

Applications refused on the grounds of deception, if not successfully challenged, will result in future applications being refused for a period of up to 10 years.

If someone advised you to make a Fee Waiver application, I suggest you let them know the outcome and ask their advice on your options now. They seem extremely limited to me.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Lil123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Lil123 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:02 pm

Hi,
I am the one who started this topic. I needed to start a new profile as my old one is not working currently. I just need to give an update on my issue. I got the graduate visa on May 13 after my solicitor varied my fee waiver application to graduate route visa application. As my brp was expired I needed to give the biometrics physically. I did that on May 8th and 5 days after that I received my Graduate visa.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:14 am

Lil123 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:02 pm
Hi,
I am the one who started this topic. I needed to start a new profile as my old one is not working currently. I just need to give an update on my issue. I got the graduate visa on May 13 after my solicitor varied my fee waiver application to graduate route visa application. As my brp was expired I needed to give the biometrics physically. I did that on May 8th and 5 days after that I received my Graduate visa.
Congratulations and thank you for the update.

Amie_3690
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Amie_3690 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:30 pm

Lil123 wrote:
Hi,
@Lil123 Hey, I'm kind of in similar situation right now, I applied for fee waiver to buy some time but now wants to vary it to partner visa since my partner has got 5 year visa approved recently. I'm not sure If we can vary fee waiver to partner visa directly? As few say it can't be varied few solicitors say it can be done. Can you let me know your solicitor details if possible please? So that I can have a quick chat and please let me know if you have faced any challenges while varing the application?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:51 pm

Amie_3690 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:30 pm
Lil123 wrote:
Hi,
@Lil123 Hey, I'm kind of in similar situation right now, I applied for fee waiver to buy some time but now wants to vary it to partner visa since my partner has got 5 year visa approved recently. I'm not sure If we can vary fee waiver to partner visa directly? As few say it can't be varied few solicitors say it can be done. Can you let me know your solicitor details if possible please? So that I can have a quick chat and please let me know if you have faced any challenges while varing the application?
Members are not allowed 🚫 to share such details. Do search for a solicitor independently.

Aeog
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Aeog » Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:05 pm

Lil123 wrote:
Hi,
Hi Lil123, please I'm in similar situation, please I would like to know the condition you were on before you applied for the graduate visa, was the graduate visa link sent to you before your visa expire? Or was it sent to you after your visa expired? And one more question, please did you resist any of your courses/modules?

I will appreciate a response and answer from anyone with a similar situation or experience.