ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I ve sucessfully passed the PSW Premium !!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xm6778
Newly Registered

I ve sucessfully passed the PSW Premium !!

Post by xm6778 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:03 pm

My first interview was in 13 Jan in Glasgow, but I think you know their system got crash down due to the virus attack !! so my premium has been rebooked to this Friday, 15, Jan. I ve got it, 2 year PSW. they have two procedures as i think:

1. primary check all your documents, it takes about 30-60 mins, if you get pass, then you got the chance of 70% to get your visa !!!

2. use the system to do a overall inspection, which takes about 30-50 mins, then you get the seal on your visa !!!

my story was, due to lack of sufficient fund on my UK bank statement, i asked my family to send me a deposite account (under my name) from my country, it clearly state that my money (more than 1000) has been deposited from July 2008 - July 2009. so they mentioned nothing about my UK bank statement at all (nearly 20 days below 800)!!!

but in my opinion, the status of the bank is also important, better big and famous bank in your country !!! and dont forget the accuracy of the translation !!

the whole process was quite simply and fast, my officer was also very kind !! I like Scottish people, really nice!! so dont worry too much about your visa as long as enough funds have been shown, whatever in here or in your country !!

though it is my personal opinion, i would like to share my experience if anyone need it !!

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:16 pm

very informative..appreciated.

a.doll
Newly Registered

same situation as you

Post by a.doll » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:35 pm

I haver come accross same circumstances as your one, I had shortage of fund for the period of 2 months( first month £200 short and second month £400 short)

what advice and douments would you recommend for me to forward this case? do you require legal representative as well?

Thanks

congrats to you well done...

pakipower1

Post by pakipower1 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:21 pm

to xm6778,
i could not find mentioning of premium service under `post study work' section on UKBA website,can you please tell me where is that exactly
mentioned?
many thanks!

dextar

Post by dextar » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:27 pm

pakipower1 wrote:to xm6778,
i could not find mentioning of premium service under `post study work' section on UKBA website,can you please tell me where is that exactly
mentioned?
many thanks!
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... oservices/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... available/

delphine
Newly Registered

Post by delphine » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:55 pm

Hi xm6778, your story gives me great hope :) I have been agonising over whether or not to include my UK bank statements at all in my application (they are very far below GBP800 for quite a while!) but after hearing your experience I feel more confident in not including them at all.

I have a passbook savings account and my bank in my home country does not produce statements for passbook accounts, and they also do not provide letters stating "XYZ has held a minimum balance of etc etc for 3 months", so I was really worried... but honestly any idiot reading my passbook can see I have had more than enough money in it for years. So I'm glad to hear that someone else has had success with an overseas bank account :)

Maybe I should register for premium service too rather than send my application in the post...!

xm6778
Newly Registered

Re: same situation as you

Post by xm6778 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:34 am

a.doll wrote:I haver come accross same circumstances as your one, I had shortage of fund for the period of 2 months( first month £200 short and second month £400 short)

what advice and douments would you recommend for me to forward this case? do you require legal representative as well?

Thanks

congrats to you well done...
Hi a.doll, i did not require any representative!! all the documents were originally from myself !!
have you got any other account with sufficient fund under your name (UK or overseas) ?? which can improve that you got enough money, if you worried about your UK bank statement, you do not even need it !! coz i found when the officer dealing with my case, he just glance at my UK statement for a few secs, then he did not pay any attention for it at all !! he only carefully checked my certificate of deposite, then......wait, .........pass !!! thats it !!

my suggestion is you d better have a certificate of your deposite, coz that is more convincible than other type of fund documents, everyone knows the money can not be moved until the due date!! even you meet a pupil officer, hehe.

xm6778
Newly Registered

Post by xm6778 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:43 am

hi for everyone who concerned about your fund. i think there are two points your have to know,

1st, 800 is the deadline, you have to cross it at aaaaall time !!

2nd, a valid bank document (your print name on it) can prove that every mins your balance was above the 800.

then, i think they dont care where you got the account, what type of account !! there are many ways to prove the above 2 requirements !!

so i wish everyone involved this can get rid of this suffering from HO and start a better life in UK!!

xm6778
Newly Registered

Post by xm6778 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:05 am

delphine wrote:Hi xm6778, your story gives me great hope :) I have been agonising over whether or not to include my UK bank statements at all in my application (they are very far below GBP800 for quite a while!) but after hearing your experience I feel more confident in not including them at all.

I have a passbook savings account and my bank in my home country does not produce statements for passbook accounts, and they also do not provide letters stating "XYZ has held a minimum balance of etc etc for 3 months", so I was really worried... but honestly any idiot reading my passbook can see I have had more than enough money in it for years. So I'm glad to hear that someone else has had success with an overseas bank account :)

Maybe I should register for premium service too rather than send my application in the post...!
Hi delphine, dont take for granted, you d better double check the document whether it is clearly stated the time (all the time above 800), at least 3 mouth, better longer !!

and if the premium fee is affordable for you , i suggest you book one, coz as i heard, the postal application had a higher refusal rate!!! sometimes (though only happened in few cases) the HO officer may check it improperly when they deal with the postal application,(coz as you may know some of them are not permanent worker) i.e. if any document is not qualified, they may not have patient to do any further inspection even you have something else to cover it !!!

finally, as i said, it just my personal opinion, whether postal or premium, you decide !!

delphine
Newly Registered

Post by delphine » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:21 am

xm6778 wrote:
delphine wrote:Hi xm6778, your story gives me great hope :) I have been agonising over whether or not to include my UK bank statements at all in my application (they are very far below GBP800 for quite a while!) but after hearing your experience I feel more confident in not including them at all.

Hi delphine, dont take for granted, you d better double check the document whether it is clearly stated the time (all the time above 800), at least 3 mouth, better longer !!

and if the premium fee is affordable for you , i suggest you book one, coz as i heard, the postal application had a higher refusal rate!!! sometimes (though only happened in few cases) the HO officer may check it improperly when they deal with the postal application,(coz as you may know some of them are not permanent worker) i.e. if any document is not qualified, they may not have patient to do any further inspection even you have something else to cover it !!!

finally, as i said, it just my personal opinion, whether postal or premium, you decide !!
My passbook has my name and everything and it is a very well known bank in my home country, so I'm not worried about that.

It sounds silly but the thing I am most worried about regarding my passbook is that I mainly use the account when I am home. Other than that my only activity in it is a small deposit every month. So because I have not been home in the last 3 months the only lines in my passbook for that period are the 3 monthly deposits I have made as well as a few other transactions from my mum (it is a joint account with her). That's about 5-6 transactions for 3 months, and for the whole of October and November, only one transaction. I'm slightly concerned that a lazy immigrations officer will not understand that the passbook prints EVERY transaction, and if I have no transaction between 021008 and 021108, it means that I held the balance of 021008 for 1 month and not that there is a huge strange gap of missing stuff!

Sorry if this is confusing. I don't know if you were in the same situation of not having any transactions in your home country during your three month time period, or whether your bank was nice enough just to produce a letter or document which said "xm6778 has a deposit of 1000 between July 2008 - July 2009"! Thank you for your sharing your experience :)

xm6778
Newly Registered

Post by xm6778 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:18 pm

you are not a business man so you cant make transaction every day, can you?? so everything will be fine as long as there is a fix deposite over 800 and the period of the deposite was more than 3 month !!! they also have to obey the rules !!!

the point is whether your passbook showing the lastest balance??

OK, to let you disburden that, i ve got 2*A4 paper from my home country bank, it states that:
certificate of deposite
we hereby certify that up to 08/07/2009, Mr xm6778 has deposite accounts with this bank as follow:
CD/passbook No. :xxxxxxxx24324
type of deposite: Time Deposite
Currency&amount : 200,000.00
value& day forward from: 09/03/2008

XXX bank xxxBranch Seal

and i also got a Notarial Certificate which says my certificate of deposit in xxx bank is valid and genuine, and the duration is for a year, at current exchange rate, the amount is GBP xxxxxx.

thats all, are you still worried ?? :wink:

xm6778
Newly Registered

Post by xm6778 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:26 pm

and by the way, i am now filling a complain form to claim back my money from HO 8) , coz i wasted my money on traveling from midland to scotland due to their system crash down at 13/01/2009 (they cancelled all the appointment)!! this visa spent me nearly 1200 !!!

anyone have the same problem??? lets discuss how to write this complain properly !!