ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Effects of Visa Termination on Parents' Visitor Status

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chatgpt
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Effects of Visa Termination on Parents' Visitor Status

Post by chatgpt » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:01 pm

Hello,
If my skilled worker visa is terminated by my employer after my parents' visitor visa has been approved, how might this affect their ability to enter the country? Could they potentially be stopped at immigration?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Effects of Visa Termination on Parents' Visitor Status

Post by Ticktack » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:24 pm

chatgpt wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:01 pm
Hello,
If my skilled worker visa is terminated by my employer after my parents' visitor visa has been approved, how might this affect their ability to enter the country? Could they potentially be stopped at immigration?
It would have no bearing on the visit visa. Immigration can ask whatever questions they like though.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Effects of Visa Termination on Parents' Visitor Status

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:55 pm

Technically if you are sponsoring your parents through financial or accommodation support to visit then that COULD impact their entry. This would be considered under significant change of circumstances after the issue of the visa. HOWEVER, it is unlikely that they will be stopped or questioned.