ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing of Job on Global Talent Visa

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wbsk
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Changing of Job on Global Talent Visa

Post by wbsk » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:15 pm

Hello

I am on Global talent Visa endorsed by the Royal Academy of Engineering. My family has got the Global talent dependent visas. Now, after four months I want to change my job as I have got a better job in the same area of expertise for which I was endorsed. Would this be an issue? is there any chance my current employer can ask the Royal Academy to cancel my endorsement as I'm leaving the job? I am just curious because I want to go for the new job.

Please guide.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Changing of Job on Global Talent Visa

Post by lolo2 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:20 pm

There is no issue with changing jobs under the GT route.

Some change jobs shortly after being endorsed and the GTV granted, sometimes switching to work in roles completely different to their endorsed field, or being self-employed, and they don't face any problems in future applications. There are some posts here on this forum with cases like this.

The host institution - or the employer - has no influence in the decisions of the endorsing bodies.

wbsk
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by wbsk » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:04 am

Is there any issue if there is a gap in employment while being on GTV? Like a few weeks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:24 am

wbsk wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:04 am
Is there any issue if there is a gap in employment while being on GTV? Like a few weeks.
There is no issue. There is no specific employment requirement under this route
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

MylaHughes
- thin ice -
Mood:
United States of America

Post by MylaHughes » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:09 am

Your current employer does not have the authority to revoke your approval as this is a decision made by the academy itself. However, if your current employer tries to contact the academy to revoke your approval, this may cause negative attitudes from the academy and cause problems for your current employer. You should inform your current employer of your decision to leave, expressing gratitude for the opportunity and experience gained in this job.