ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Landing Cards

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ILRsoon
Newly Registered

ILR and Landing Cards

Post by ILRsoon » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:15 pm

Hi,

I have got my ILR recently based on a 5year WP criteria. I am going back to my home country in Malaysia soon for a short holiday and will like to know if:

1) Do I need to fill in an UK airport landing card when I return to UK (now that I have an ILR)?
2) There are normally two immigration queues. One is for UK/Eu nationals and another for other passports. With an ILR, which queue to you join?

Thanks in advance.

WS

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:48 pm

I believe, with ILR you are still treated as a foreign national. Still have to fill in the landing card and queue in the non EEA line.
If you are married / partnered to an EEA or UK cit and you are coming back into the UK then you will be ok in the EEA queue but still have to fill in a landing card.

UKBAbble will correct if I am wrong.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:25 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:I believe, with ILR you are still treated as a foreign national. Still have to fill in the landing card and queue in the non EEA line.
If you are married / partnered to an EEA or UK cit and you are coming back into the UK then you will be ok in the EEA queue but still have to fill in a landing card.

UKBAbble will correct if I am wrong.
ILR so what? stay on the foreign national queue for you.
Either sign up with IRIS or wait another year if the rules are still the same and get naturalised.

traveller1973
Newly Registered

Post by traveller1973 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:29 pm

A landing card is required as you are still subject to control (ie your ILR can be revoked). The EEA line only applies to those that have freedom of movement and will therefore not apply to you.

ILRsoon
Newly Registered

Post by ILRsoon » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:57 pm

Thanks all for the reply and the clarification. It's much appreciated
traveller1973 wrote:A landing card is required as you are still subject to control (ie your ILR can be revoked). The EEA line only applies to those that have freedom of movement and will therefore not apply to you.