ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS fee for visit visas

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mcr2013

IHS fee for visit visas

Post by mcr2013 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:08 am

hey

just quick question if anyone can help out

i am british citizen, do i need to pay IHS health surcharge if i apply visit visa for my parents about a year or more than year about 2 , 5 or 10 years ?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: IHS fee for visit visas

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:29 am

No - IHS is not required for visitor visas. Visitors are not residing in the UK.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

secret.simon

Re: IHS fee for visit visas

Post by secret.simon » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:40 pm

mcr2013 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:08 am
do i need to pay IHS health surcharge if i apply visit visa for my parents about a year or more than year about 2 , 5 or 10 years ?
No, because no single trip on those visas should exceed six months in the UK.

A 2, 5 or 10 year visit visa essentially makes the holder the equivalent of a non-visa-national for the duration of the visa, whereby they can travel to the UK, but a further assessment will be done at the airport/seaport by the Border Force officer on each visit, before they can enter the UK.

They are still subject to the visit visa requirements such as a single visit not exceeding more than six months, not residing in the UK in the guise of a visit visa with frequent or successive visits, etc.

Also, NHS usage by them would be billed at 150% of cost, and any delay in payment can lead to a ban on entering the UK later on.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.